Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential camera guest connection problem

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hendricks321
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm android and original account holder. I granted access to our three camera system to my gf who has iphone 8 plus. She downloaded the app and can not for the life of us to get the first camera to connect. I granted her access to all three cameras and camera rights. Resent the granted access invite. Deleted her then retried the granted access email and still unable to connect to camera. Any ideas would be helpful. Ready to return this back to the store. So frustrated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hendricks321
Aspirant
Aspirant
The invites I sent her were not allowing her to view the three cameras I had setup with my phone. So I sent her several more invites until one of them did its job and gave her access to the cameras. Sorry for the confusion.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just one camera (you said "first camera") or all of them? You can use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for official support in case it's an account issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hendricks321,

What do you mean when you say you cannot get the first camera to connect? To grant access you must have already setup the camera on the original account. For the shared user to see the cameras you've granted access, they must accept the invitation and create an account using the link provided in the invitation email.

For more information on grant access, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

Hendricks321
Aspirant
Aspirant
I spent more time sending multiple invites to my gf to be a guest viewer and finally one of the invites did its job and allowed her to view all three of our cameras. Ten minutes later a delivery man from Linclair came for a package at the house, picked up the package and left. Me and the gf checked our front camera and turns out it lost connection and never showed the man coming to the house or leaving. Needless to say I wish we went with a different security system.
Hendricks321
Aspirant
Aspirant
The invites I sent her were not allowing her to view the three cameras I had setup with my phone. So I sent her several more invites until one of them did its job and gave her access to the cameras. Sorry for the confusion.