Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MeerkatPigna
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought and installed the Camera on the 1st January 2021 and it was fully charged. It is now the 15th Jan and the Arlo App is showing I only have 27% battery life left. Whilst I did not really expect the Camera to last six months before a recharge, I did not expect to see it drop so quickly to 27%. It is set to detect only people and vehicles and motion detection is set to 65%. Can you tell me what I need to do to get better battery life, OR is my Camera faulty?.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's likely a combination of things. These include signal strength/quality as well as the amount of recording and live viewing, which is ballparked at <5 minutes total per day, on average, for spec battery life.

MeerkatPigna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestions. I took on board what you said and reduced the recording time and have stopped live viewing. Signal strength to my Virgin router is strong and I am still seeing the battery drain. I recharged it on Monday and is it already down to 67%. My thoughts are that the battery may be faulty, but I am still waiting for the UK support team to get back to me.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try bringing the camera closer to the router to see what happens.