Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
marty_mcfly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have just switched my network from an Asus RT-AC1900P to the Eero mesh setup. Since the move, I have not been able to connect my Arlo Essential cameras to the mesh network.

Things I have tried

• Disable 5ghz WIFI on the Eero and verify my phone is connected to a 2.4ghz network via WIFI analyzer
  • Unplug Eero beacon
  • Restart all devices
  • Reset all devices (Factory reset camers and Eero)
  • Verified that other iot devices (LIFX/TPlink/Smarthome) are able to connect to Eero
  • Opened support case with Arlo but nothing they have offered has helped

The ONLY way that I was able to get the cameras back onto the network was to use the old Asus as an AP on a dedicated 2.4ghz network. However, the reason I purchased the Arlos is so that I would not need a base station or a dedicated AP.

Has anyone had issues like this? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
marty_mcfly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was able to share devices out from my wifes phone to my phone, so I guess all is good right now. Issue still is I cannot add devices with my Android device on eero mesh.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
marty_mcfly
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, turns out it might be an Android issue? 

I was able to add the devices with my wife's IOS 13.7 device. 

Problem now is, nothing is showing up on my Android phone. I've tried deleting the app and clearing cookies/cache.

marty_mcfly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was able to share devices out from my wifes phone to my phone, so I guess all is good right now. Issue still is I cannot add devices with my Android device on eero mesh.