Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
68yu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently updated my Arlo APP to version 3.0 (The latest version) and my Arlo essential spotlight camera won't connect to the app. I tried to connect it but it says the camera cannot be found/no cameras are nearby. Does anybody else has the same problem? Anybody has any suggestions regarding this?

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

You can try removing the app and reinstall it. Also make sure you have upgraded your phone to the latest version. IOS is 14.4

Violetroots
Aspirant
Aspirant
We just purchased ours today and are having the same problem. Now it is just trying to connect and either the blue light blinks, then shuts off, or it turns amber, then shuts off.
Either way, we're incredibly frustrated.
We may try calling support, but really feel it shouldn't be this difficult, so may end up just returning it.
68yu
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I talked to someone on the Arlo live chat and he help me to reset my camera.

Press the button on of your camera for 15 seconds then you will see an amber light blinking for 3 times, the blink will stop and you’ll see a solid blue light for a few seconds, keep pressing the button for another 15 seconds. (So I pressed the button for about 30 seconds, never released it until it was reset).

I did that and connected my camera near the wifi router.

Give it a try! Hope that helps!
Violetroots
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is great, thank you so much!
It seems to be connecting now- we can see recorded images, but we can't see live images yet.
But this is progress and I'm feeling much better about it!
I'll chat with support later- it's really nice to know they were so helpful.

Thank you!!!