Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential- speaker issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Estevemo
Follower
Follower

Hello.  I've just installed the system.  The person who showed it to me when I purchased it showed how when you get a notification you long press on it and the video opens and then you can have 2 way audio. However, when I do this, sound does not come from the camera speakers.  If I go to live view in the app and push the microphone icon, it does work, so I know the microphone and speakers all work.  It would be impractical to go to the library every time, as there's a 10-20 second lag before the notification ever comes and then, if you click on it to go to the library, it takes another 10-20 seconds for the video to show up.  By then anyone who was there would be gone.  Any suggestion?  I'm on an iPhone 11, version 13.6.1.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Estevemo,

You don't need to go to the library to initiate push to talk. To start a two-way conversation, launch the mobile app and initiate a live stream on the camera, then press the microphone icon.

For more information on how to do this, take a look here: How do I use 2-way audio on my Arlo camera?

JamesC