Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential not recording. ‘Record video’ is unselectable

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Guardian52
Initiate
Initiate
I have 3 of these and they have worked great for months. Recently the batteries ran out and so I rounded them up to charge and just redeployed. They now have the ‘Record Video’ action greets out and so I have no videos in my library to view and they are not recording at all it would seem. The spotlights still trigger so I know the cameras are functioning.

I have an Arlo Pro 2 that is continuing to work and post videos to the library just fine, but all 3 essential cameras are acting this way.

I’ve reinstalled Arlo App
Rebooted base station
Toggled on/off each camera

No luck on anything - I missed a vital recording last night so I’m getting really aggravated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you don't have a current subscription. ANy camera newer than the Pro 2 has to have a sub to record to the cloud. If the Essential is synced to your base you can enable local recordings. However, depending on your base you may need to safely eject the drive to view on a computer. Only those bases/hubs starting with the VMB4540 can use the app to view the recordings without the need to eject.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you don't have a current subscription. ANy camera newer than the Pro 2 has to have a sub to record to the cloud. If the Essential is synced to your base you can enable local recordings. However, depending on your base you may need to safely eject the drive to view on a computer. Only those bases/hubs starting with the VMB4540 can use the app to view the recordings without the need to eject.

Guardian52
Initiate
Initiate
I did not realize that, so the essential will only record to the cloud with a pro subscription? How did I miss that... I thought all cameras would record to the cloud for a rolling 7 days?
dcfox1
Master
Master

All the newer camera Ultra, Pro3 on up require a subscription once the trial runs out.  Only the Pro2 and older still have 7 day cloud storage. You should have received a 3 month trial with the essential unless it ran out.