Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential is only for use in high bandwidth high speed internet areas

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
homevale
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been around long enough to know when a product works or it doesn't. The settings of these cameras are incredibly clunky and incredibly slow to respond via the internet. They may be fine in areas with state of the art high speed internet but in other areas, forget it. I have had multiple problems with connections, changing networks, white screen with no live feed. Currently my wife cannot log into her account via her iPhone yet can log in via a PC. I have never seen an internet based product like this to be so slow, almost to the point of being useless. The product needs a disclaimer on the packaging that its performance will be dependant on the quality of the internet at the location where it is installed. 

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

homevale,

What are your download/upload speeds?

For minimum requirements, take a look here: What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

JamesC

homevale
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have more than sufficient internet speeds after reading your link, that I have never been able to find. The live view function is so slow that as a security device the camera is useless. I believe the problem lies with your servers and their location.