Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential camera disconnects after a minute.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aaargh
Follower
Follower

Hi, my camera disconnects after a few minutes and will not get back online. I have connected it to my 2.4 ghz router. (Have disabled 5 ghz). Turned of all other units using wi-fi and 2,4 ghz except my phone that is of course needed to connect. (Only get a week wi-fi signal from my neighbour).  Sometimes camera is connected for a minute, other times it stays connected for two mins. Could it be hat Arlo simply isn't compatible with my specific router? I have tried to vary the distance for the camera from 3 to 40 feet with no luck or change in behaviour. At first I thought it was to cold outside. -17c/1.4f but specs promises capabillity down to -20c/-4f, but trying indoors is just the same.
 Think it might not be faulty, but some serious bug it has obviously. Thank god I ordered it online. In my country we have a law that says that anything you buy online can be returned no-questions-asked for a full refund within 14 days. Too bad. It was definitely something like this I needed so I have to go shopping for other brands. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try a reset using the procedure in https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera as well as removing the camera from Settings, My Devices.  If that doesn't help, swapping at the store could provide the solution.