Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras Not Saving Video to Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Robbelothe
Initiate
Initiate

I originally purchased an Arlo Pro 2 4-camera package with a base station.   A couple months ago, I purchased two Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras because Arlo told me that they would work with my base station which came with my Arlo Pro 2 cameras. Well, my trial period with Arlo Smart expired - I don't really need those features but I do need the basic features my Arlo Pro 2 system provides. Unfortunately, my Essential Spotlight Cameras send notification of unspecified activity to my smart phone but the video is NOT saved on my base station despite Arlo's assurance that the Essential Spotlight Cameras would work with my Pro 2 base station.  Is there a way to make my two Essential Spotlight Cameras save video to my Pro 2 base station?  I'm going to be pretty ticked off if Arlo lied to me just to sell me the two Essential Spotlight Cameras. Thanks.  PS, why is it virtually impossible to get any help directly from Arlo?

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station, VMC2030 | Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera
dcfox1
Master
Master

They do connect to the VMB4000. 

Here are compatible bases/hubs.

What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?

Have you set up local storage on your base.

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

Roadstar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro system with VMB4000 base and 3 other Arlo Pro cameras.  The supplied response to he original post does not appear to answer the question. Once the free trial of the supplied service has expired, the Essential Spotlight Camera no longer saves video to the Smart Hub/ Base Station as it did during the free trial. The camera was sold as being compatible with the VMB4000, not as 'being compatible with the VMB4000 only if you subscribe to the service when the free trial is over'. What gives, Arlo? Is there a fix or procedure to get the video to save with the others on the same Smart Hub/ Base Station as the other cameras after the free trial? 

VMB4000 not listed for Direct Storage Access. It was stated in the original post that the user had a VMB4000 so I don't understand why that 'solution' was even listed.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Roadstar
Aspirant
Aspirant

As a quick update, it seems that all video from the Essential Spotlight Camera was removed from the 5 day history. If the camera will no longer save as the other cameras on the system, I want my money back for this false advertising.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation