Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera loses connection to a strong Wifi signal.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
thegeneral217
Initiate
Initiate

Fellas,

I have an issue with two of my Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras. They lose network connection. Each of the cameras are about 10 feet away from the wifi antenna. After they are connected and function properly for about 2 to 3 days then that app shows that they are offline. After I do a wifi restart they still don't connect. So I have to force factory reset the cameras and delete them from the app and add them again. and the process repeats its self again. I'm so dissappoment and frustrating. They are updated to the current firmware and they are being powered by solar panel. I haven't had any issues until recently. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That rather sounds like some wireless device using the 2.4GHz band may be introducing interference into the signal. Check for any wireless device, probably near the router.

thegeneral217
Initiate
Initiate

I doubt that. Sorry. I have separate AP where these 2 cameras connect. I have one in the garage and another one in my office. Each of those cameras connect to their respective APs. There is no interference between the camera and the APs. These cameras where working perfectly fine. They are powered by solar panels. They have been functioning fine until I let them die completely. So obivsoly I just took them down and recharge them. But it has been the most frustrating process to get them to connect. I have to hard reset them and then they finally connect, but thats not working either. I think they are done...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

thegeneral217,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC