Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Denbys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone please tell me just why the Essential Spotlight camera advertises a capture resolution of 1080p (to quote them: full resolution HD). 

Full resolution HD (1080p) is 1920 x 1080 pixels.

With the cameras (I have two) set to maximum Video Setting - Power Management = Best Video - you would think that would supply 1920 x 1080.

Utilising captures and checking with Adobe Premiere Pro, Da Vinci Resolve and even Apple's Final Cut Pro video editing software the maximum image resolution from both cameras  is only 1840 x1024.

This is NOT 1080p Full resolution HD.

I have supplied Arlo with a case history, and also sample captures in December, but to date they have not replied.

Your move Arlo.

Denbys.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just checked one with VLC and see 1920x1080...

Denbys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry to disappoint, I also just tried VLC, and it still has the screen resolution of 1840 x 1024.

Again I tested two cameras, both with the same result.

Arlo has a serious issue to contend with.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Denbys,

Check the video settings for your camera and make sure the image isn't cropped. If the image is cropped, this will reduce the size of the recording.

JamesC

Denbys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James,

But both cameras are not cropped, video settings are at maximum and the resulting output remains at 1840 x 1024 - not the 1920 x 1080 it is advertised to be.

I contacted Arlo again early this week, they promised to reply via phone within 24 hours... I'm still waiting!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove a camera and resync/connect. Any difference?