Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Solar Alternatives

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
thegeneral217
Initiate
Initiate

Hey fellas,

I have a small power issues with my cameras. They are in a location where I can charger them, but taking them down is a pain so I've bought a 25000 power bank to charger the cameras. So I bough the solar panel that was design to charge the Arlo Pro. After trial and error and reading this forum come to find out it will not work. So my question is...is there a alternative solar panels out there? I know the cameras take 9v/1.1a, but is it possible to buy a solar panel that outputs 9Vs and used it? There is no status on the VMA3600 Panel. 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

thegeneral217,

The vma3600 Solar Panel is available for purchase from the Arlo store. Take a look here: Arlo Essential Solar Panel

JamesC

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Remember, solar panel and/or a power bank will not provide the permanent power you need to enable features that require a mains/USB connection.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
SteveDT
Star
Star

What happened to the Arlo Essential Solar Panel?  How could it not be available already for a camera that JUST came out?  Does anyone know if any of the 3rd party solar panels out there will work with the Essential?

Constant123
Star
Star

You can use any power bank type charger.  Suggest 10,000 will provide perhaps another 6-8 weeks.