Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Free Trial Billing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cainweb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I signed up for the Arlo Smart Premier Multi Camera free trial May 12, 2021 that ends June 13, 2021. My credit card was just charged April 14,2l021 $10.89. Why? This is not authorized and I should not be paying anything for 2 more months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

canweb,

As mentioned by dcfox1, the trial plan is automatically applied when you first set up your essential cameras. You should not need to subscribe or enter credit card information, if you selected a subscription plan and entered your credit card information prior to the trial ending, that is the reason you were charged.

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

@cainweb wrote:

I signed up for the Arlo Smart Premier Multi Camera free trial May 12, 2021 that ends June 13, 2021. My credit card was just charged April 14,2l021 $10.89. Why? This is not authorized and I should not be paying anything for 2 more months.

The 3 month trial starts on it's own at cam activation. You don't have to do anything.  If you signed of for a plan as you said it will over ride the free trial so probably while you got charged. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

canweb,

As mentioned by dcfox1, the trial plan is automatically applied when you first set up your essential cameras. You should not need to subscribe or enter credit card information, if you selected a subscription plan and entered your credit card information prior to the trial ending, that is the reason you were charged.

JamesC

cainweb
Aspirant
Aspirant

After chatting online with the customer service that is what the situation was - I had selected a plan and it was charging me. I canceled the subscription and my money was refunded. Thanks for the help.