Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Re: Arlo Essential 2 way audio problem

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Philiphk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to try 2 way audio function in iOS app(iOS 14.2) and web app, but it is not work. I just bought the Arlo Essential one ago. I was very disappointed that this 2 way audio problem.🤦‍♂️

I just asked your customer support, follow their instructions, but it is still not work.

Product:VMC2030

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Philiphk,

Could you provide more details about what you're experiencing? When you say it doesn't work, what is happening? Are you seeing an error message?

JamesC

Philiphk
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

I try to run two test cases for 2 way audio function.

For prepare test two test cases, I checked the camera and iPhone microphone and speaker were toggled on.

For video recording test case, I click the camera play button for connect the camera, after that click the video recording button for start the video recording, then I click the microphone button and speaking for testing the camera speaker, also I try to speaking into the app when the microphone icon show mute or unmute.

After that I click “X” button for close the microphone and click the recording button for stop the video recording. Finally, this video have not camera speaker sound, it only have the background sound.

For the video live stream test case, I click the camera play button for connect the camera. Then I click the microphone button and speaking for testing the camera speaker, also I try to speaking into the app when the microphone icon show mute or unmute.

After that I click “X” button for close the microphone.

But it still have not any voice from camera speaker.

When I try this camera first time, it have this problem.

Where can see the error message?

Model: VMC2030 | Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera
Philiphk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also exchange the new Arlo Essential camera, but the 2 way audio function is still not work in iOS and web app.

Model: VMC2030 | Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation