Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lmackedanz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have sent an access to my wife three times and when she clicks the link she doesn't get access to the cameras. Instead she is asked to set up a new device. How do I get her access. I am going to have to return the product.
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lmackedanz,

The secondary user must set up their own Arlo account to view shared devices. When sending an invitation, the invitation email will contain a link to set up a new Arlo account. Once the new Arlo account is set up using the link in the invitation, the device will be shared.

For more information on how this is done, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

Lmackedanz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the reply. My wife created the account before I invited her. Will that prevent the invitation from working?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lmackedanz,

If the account is already created, she will need to click the link and sign in to the existing account or create a new one using the link in the invitation email. Either way, the key to successfully completing the process is using the link provided in the email.

JamesC

Lmackedanz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, James. She did follow the link, but when she did it asked her to set up new devices. I did make sure to select the cameras I wanted to give her access to as well. I just can't understand why it wanted her to set up devices. Thank you.
Kev68socc
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having this same problem. I had her create an account but when she does it asks her to set up a device as well
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When logging in, you don't click on anything to set up a new system or add devices. You just log in and any cameras selected by the primary user will show up.