Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jwalkingjon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Just got the Essential Spotlight. I was always missing movement alerts since they'd usually start when the person was already walking past / had walked past the field of view, I recently wired it for 100% battery all times which I read enables a 3 second playback. Is this true i'm not sure if I notice it taking effect. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jwalkingjon,

The sidewalk may be beyond the reliable motion detection range of the camera. While motion may still be picked up beyond the cameras range, it will be sporadic. For tips on positioning for best performance, take a look here: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's also up to proper camera positioning - read the FAQ here on best practices so that motion is across the FOV and not at the camera - as well as motion sensitivity in your modes and rules (another FAQ). Post a link to a video so we can see the issue.

jwalkingjon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here's a clip where a guy is walking past it but already down the street I have the alerts set to be on the sidewalk before the video starts and motion sensitivity was at 100% I have it postioned so the grey area is on the road to stop cars causing the motion https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/E3BC3D8DCCE53C91_202010
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jwalkingjon,

The sidewalk may be beyond the reliable motion detection range of the camera. While motion may still be picked up beyond the cameras range, it will be sporadic. For tips on positioning for best performance, take a look here: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

JamesC