Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to the newest iOS app with the refreshed interface and both my wife and I are unable to hear audio on our baby monitor now. Please fix ASAP.
298 REPLIES 298
LittleGiant43
Tutor
Tutor
I just uninstalled then reinstalled the Arlo app and now the audio is working only when watching live. The always listening feature is still broken though.
LivsMama
Tutor
Tutor
Genius idea! Can we all believe that Arlo isn’t smart enough to think of this? So disappointed with this company and device!
LivsMama
Tutor
Tutor
This does NOT work. A few minutes after reconnecting WiFi, the sound drops again.
LivsMama
Tutor
Tutor
Best help I can offer.... return the device before baby arrives and buy something reliable.
Jess43566
Initiate
Initiate
Agreed regarding the reconnection if WiFi after already establishing a connection via LTE-this solution does NOT work. Once reconnected, the phone experiences a delay in accessing the network and once in network, immediately drops audio on the arlo baby feed.

I do have the ability to listen in with app “minimized” and phone locked. However, it appears the new icons are really NOT a intuitive. Clicking the “WiFi head” so that is has an “x” allows me to lock my phone and still listen. I have experienced numerous app crashes that seem to occur every 10 minutes so this won’t work as a solution tonight.

Again, I’m running through LTE data on my phones plan like it is going out of style but this is the only workaround I have found to periodically “check in” not permanently rely on it. It is 10:46pm and I would otherwise be sleeping and I am now sleeping in my baby’s room because our master is on a different level.

I’m shocked they don’t have a rollback plan (which is mostly required by IT auditing firms) so that any changes go in don’t break and create just this scenario without an easy way to solve the problem.

This is all experienced on iOS 12.0.1 and 12.0 immediately following the arlo app upgrade
Mmarlow
Guide
Guide
Took the Arlo and iOS updates and now have no sound at all. On any device. What is the fix for this? Is there a patch? Are you rolling back code? We are using our 17.00 backup monitor to hear our baby. The 200.00 camera seems like a waste of money at this point. Please advise of fix immediately.
raptorvan
Initiate
Initiate

Can't believe it. Been having some many issues with the camera on my iOS devices, quality sucks when streaming locally and now I have no sound. Netgear what is the purpose of a baby monitor with no sound?

I want my money back!

Jefferynd
Initiate
Initiate
App updated overnight, no sound in the morning here as well.
Absolutely unacceptable for a baby monitor. Nothing by problems from the start with this monitor - will be returning the hardware, cancelling my subscription and ensuring every possible one of my friends who are looking for a new baby monitor stay away from thisoverpriced piece of garbage at all cost.
aagic
Initiate
Initiate
Having the same issue as everyone here. Tried on 2 iPhones and 2 ipad’s And nothing!

Called Support to see if they can troubleshoot or have a solution (I.e. roll back to previous app version, or anything really) was told that a solution should be to go buy an android device. After I questioned that as a solution, I was told that the care agent is “at the end of her rope” in terms of what she could do. I wasn’t sure if I should laugh or get angry at the irony of that comment seeing as I have a very expensive paperweight.

I think it’s time to admit that we have a barely functioning camera yet alone “best in class” baby monitor!
Waizu
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo Baby, iOS 12, wifi

Since the new update, i have no sound at all, and we use the white noise sound to help baby sleep, this is also broken,!the sound increase to the maximum by itself... this is the worst update ever

lilylove
Initiate
Initiate

not only is there no sound on IOS devices, when I use my macbook pro since my ios wont work now, the full screen only shows half.  Litteraly only showing the top part of the camera image on both my macbook pro's when logged in and going full screen.

So now the stupid solution is to have a freakin laptop open all night next to my bed with a tiny image showing, but at least we hear the baby.  Come on... do they not test this stuff.  Combine this with the rediculous Alexa integration that never works, and this arlo cam is a piece of junk now. 

swinguy
Guide
Guide
As others have stated, turning the WiFi off is not a solution because:
- The background audio (when locking the phone) stops after a few minutes (tested on iPhone 7 and X, iOS 12.0). This was already suffering from stability issues in previous versions, but it is well beyond unstable now, just not working.
- They managed to invert the related icon (head with audio waves) 🤦‍♂️. Just another proof that this band of amateurs did not conduct ANY quality control on this release.

Do Netgear people realize they have a direct impact on how well we sleep with this product? Not to mention children safety?

I will write bad reviews wherever I can, and I sure hope everyone will do the same. It needs to cost them more than support emails to answer.
AmosfieldFinn
Initiate
Initiate
Hi,
My baby arlo app was updated this morning & now I can no sound through my monitor/phone- have tried resetting etc but nothing seems to work.... any suggestions?
Cheers
CorokieBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is horrific. Netgear are usually better than this.

rather than ranting on their forum, everyone needs to start trashing them in the IOS App Store app ratings and reviews and other online posts. 

Nothing like poor poor feedback in public to get a company to do what they should have done in the first place.

marcusl
Star
Star

yep - mines just updated automatically and no sound. (iOS12.0.1)

My baby monitor is now USELESS. 

Thanks again Netgear. 

marcusl
Star
Star

Well - after updating to the new app and iOS12.0.1 - now our Arlo Baby has no sound. 

I see its a known issue - get your %#$ together NetGear. 

Our Baby Monitor is truly useless now. 

Sally28
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks
Ozbadboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. Any suggestions?
Psomaggi
Guide
Guide

It also seems that if you are on another subnet (eg. your wifi at work), it will no longer connect over the internet to the stream as it assumes the Arlo is on the same Wifi network as you. Previously, it knew you were on a different subnet and would connect over the web (same as 4G).

Seriously, there aren't that many features... why is it so hard to test them all on firmware and software release? Anyhoo, let's start on the critical ones that make the baby monitor useful a baby monitor, and we can have the nice-to-haves later.

John-Q
Tutor
Tutor

Unbelievable that Netgear don't answer any of this question. I will Sue them if anything happens to my child. I switched from a Nokia Homecam because they stopped supporting the cam. 

jguy432
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem.
Ksnook06
Aspirant
Aspirant
Super disappointed with the new update. Previous to this I have been very happy with my Arlo Baby. Now, however, I have no sound and a constant spinning wheel that says “connecting”. This is very concerning and beyond frustrating. Hopefully there will be a fix soon?

If not then I just bought an extremely expensive paperweight.
Ksnook06
Aspirant
Aspirant
After reading some of the other posts I tried turning off my WIFI and just using my data. That worked. I had no issues connecting or with the sound. I feel better now that I can monitor my little one. Guess it’s a good thing I have unlimited data!
jtlau
Tutor
Tutor

Unable to stream live feed and get audio since new update. Still receive audio/motion alerts and recordings. Live feed feature is effectively useless - constantly shows "connecting." Please fix asap or roll back to prior version!

JAndST
Guide
Guide
We’re having the same issue. The operating system we’re on is IOS.
The unit is worthless to us without the audio.