Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sarahw87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just purchased the arlo baby and I have it on charge all afternoon ready for the big night time sleep and suddenly it drops down to 20% and he’s not even asleep yet
Front of camera feels warm to. Unsure how to take off feet have researched and tried and can’t . Please help , I don’t want to have it on charge constantly
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sarahw87,

The expected battery life for Arlo Baby ranges from three hours of night-time use to six hours of daytime use. Night-time use depletes Arlo Baby’s battery faster because the night vision LEDs use more battery power.

Take a look here for more information: What is the expected battery life for Arlo Baby?

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sarahw87 wrote:
Just purchased the arlo baby and I have it on charge all afternoon ready for the big night time sleep and suddenly it drops down to 20% and he’s not even asleep yet
Front of camera feels warm to. Unsure how to take off feet have researched and tried and can’t . Please help , I don’t want to have it on charge constantly

The feet come off by holding the base and twisting the feet bottom about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn.... there is a battery switch under there.

As to the charge, are you using the supplied ac adapter? Are you running it not plugged in ?

Battery runs about 3+ hours in dark and 6 hours + in daytime ( no ir illumination ) IIRC.

It is normal for the top ( camera part ) to be slighty warm, but not the bottom.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Sarahw87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks ! I wasn’t told that I have to plug it in at night that is so dumb or I wouldn’t have got it !
Is there anyway it will work off charge at night time ? Something about the switch under the feet ?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sarahw87,

The expected battery life for Arlo Baby ranges from three hours of night-time use to six hours of daytime use. Night-time use depletes Arlo Baby’s battery faster because the night vision LEDs use more battery power.

Take a look here for more information: What is the expected battery life for Arlo Baby?

JamesC

Sarahw87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok great thankyou !
Also one more thing - I set it up on my phone and invited hubby via his email
He downloads app, but it won’t find device on his phone does the chime but then after that it just keeps loading forever
And if he uses my login it doesn’t work properly on my phone
Help?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hubby doesn't try to set up the device with his login since it's already set up. Is he following the invitation directions to the "T"? He should basically just be creating his account (sounds like he already has) and, by following the emailed directions, would then see the shared camera.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation