Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FS7
Initiate
Initiate

Why doesn't this device offer the most basic of functions offered by other monitors? By that I mean I simply want audio from the device when the threshold is exceeded. Cheap competitors have offered this for years - the baby cries loud enough, you get audio and/or and video of what's happening.

All Arlo seems to offer is either an "always on" mode, where you hear every squeak and whimper (things that usually do not require attention) or the standard notification, which does not wake me up like the actual audio from the nursery. What's even worse is that notifications are not always received at night, which is exactly when they're needed.

If I need to buy a comparatively low-tech option, that's fine. Am I missing something, or did Netgear overlook the simplest of functions?

2 REPLIES 2
Alrand
Initiate
Initiate
I was just going through all the settings myself and realized this flaw. I even purchased the arlo smart subscription thinking smart notifications would resolve the problem but they still come through as a standard notification sound that would not wake me up. The smart notifications still requires an action on your device to see what’s going on. The notification should definitely begin playing video/sound in the lock screen when the baby cries. Arlo please provide a solution or an update!
FS7
Initiate
Initiate
Using the lock screen would be a brilliant solution. I want the threshold of a regular monitor (not having to hear every little grunt), not the "Always Listening" mode.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation