Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Dixonw26
Initiate
Initiate

Does anyone know when the touchscreen display will be available to purchase and how many cameras can it support at the same time?

39 REPLIES 39
Ianmontana
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera works great. We have twin girls and I use it while I’m at work to watch my wife’s mother baby sit. Looking forward to monitor but otherwise the two second display is hardly noticeable. Keep up the good work!
burnsie28
Initiate
Initiate

This is getting insane. I bought this monitor on the understanding that the tablet was going to be right behind it last year. We are now into 2018 with no real update. The app closes half the time midway through the night when leaving it on to hear our baby. Incredibily disapointed and felt lied to time over time.

chriswkbrd
Tutor
Tutor
I was fortunate enough to still be able to return mine.
It's funny that I got an email notification today about a new comment, because I bought a security camera system today. Guess what system I came across but did not purchase?
Tyler725
Aspirant
Aspirant
My wife and I have had the same exact frustrations. We bought the Arlo Baby for 1 Reason:
1) We have all Arlo products in and around the house. We have been extremely pleased with every Arlo product. So we decided to spend the money and bought the Arlo Baby knowing she would be born around August. And would be able to buy the screen around that time.

I must say this has been our one huge frustration. We have no way to watch her consistently without draining our phone batteries. We went ahead and spend another big chunk of change for the Amazon Show just so we would have something besides our phone to watch her. However this not ideal. Really hoping NetGear/Arlo can figure this out quickly. Really has been disappointing for an Arlo customer from the beginning.
sagesofrpg
Star
Star

Do we have any updates on the tablet?

Benny17
Initiate
Initiate
When will the monitor be released? Trying to decide whether to buy this camera or not
Geneman
Aspirant
Aspirant
The display has now been removed from the Arlo website.

@netgear Support: what does that mean for the prospects of the display entering the market soon?
chriswkbrd
Tutor
Tutor
Seriously, what do think in means?

I think they realized they couldn't make it for near the price they put on it.

If you want a tablet, go buy a used Asus Gen 2 (2013) Nexus 7 tablet off of Craigslist for $50, add a $15 case, and uses it exclusively as a baby monitor. It's the cheapest tablet out there with a 1080 or better display.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Did everyone see the pinned post? Sad news but it is what it is. This deal is cheaper than buying a use tablet too

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Baby/Arlo-Baby-dedicated-display-monitor-announcement/m-p/1525...

chriswkbrd
Tutor
Tutor

Fyi, that used tablet will get you the full resolution that the Arlo streams.

Resolution:

Arlo baby monitor = 1920×1080

Amazon Fire tablet resolution = 1280 x 800

Nexus 7 (2013) = 1920 x 1200

*Still a great deal on a new tablet though, just not for a monitor. 

bergj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone been able to get the coupon code? Chat support told me the offer is expired?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bergj,

I've reviewed your open support case and it looks like the agent has requested more information. (verification of camera ownership). Please let me know if you need further assistance responding.

JamesC

bergj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you JamesC, after I was told by Chat Support that the promotion was no longer valid, I called the support number and that person has been helpful.

darkiss
Star
Star

Yes they told me the same thing this is not good!

pobo123
Star
Star