Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Dixonw26
Initiate
Initiate

Does anyone know when the touchscreen display will be available to purchase and how many cameras can it support at the same time?

39 REPLIES 39
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Baby 7” Touchscreen Display, shipping in Summer of 2017, will be available for purchase as an add-on to your existing Arlo Baby camera for $99.99, or in a set with the Arlo Baby camera for $349.99.

In its Direct Connect mode, the display will allow for live streaming of video from the Arlo Baby camera without the need for an Internet connection. Cloud features such as remote live streaming and Library access will not be available from the tablet in Direct Connect mode. The display can also connect to the cloud via WiFi, just like a regular smart tablet. When connected to WiFi, the tablet will have all the cloud features as you would expect from the Arlo mobile app, and allow you to access all devices on your Arlo account.

Multiple viewable/streamable cameras on the home screen. The behavior will be much like the current mobile app.  More information on this will be made available soon.

JamesC

bradpeschel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can we please get an update on when the display will be released? It is now the second week in July and I bought the Arlo Baby at release with an understanding that the tablet would be for sale soon after.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bradpeschel,

I will provide an update when I have more information on this products release.

JamesC

rivershark
Tutor
Tutor

I hope it is soon. Please let us know when it becomes available. Wish there was a subscribe button for release notification.

Thank you

Steph44
Guide
Guide
Will it still be this summer? Within the next month?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Steph44,

I do not have an exact launch date at this time. The current target for release is Q3 of this year.

JamesC

Steph44
Guide
Guide

Will the hardware and camera be the same or will that be different than the version that has already been released?

Dixonw26
Initiate
Initiate
James
You say this summer then 3Q. We are well into the summer and we are in the last month of the 3rd Quarter. If Netgear is having issues with this, please just say so and give us a legitimate timeline. I'm thinking some families have bought the camera thinking the monitor was coming soon....I would be pretty frustrated. Our little one will be here soon and have been hoping this one would come out soon but I may have to go with another company. You keep kicking the can down the road...I would hope you could provide us interested costumers with better information.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Steph44,

The touchscreen display will be available in a bundle package or stand alone for users who already own an Arlo Baby.

JamesC

jenandjesse
Initiate
Initiate

We too have been anxiously awaiting, and checking, and waiting...  We bought the Arlo Baby as soon as it was available under the assumption that the dedicated screen would be available no later than the beginning of July.  This product drains our phones and we've had to give access to people we weren't planning on as it's what we use in the nursery for naptime.  We intentionally purchased the Arlo Baby as it promised to offer both online camera access and a dedicated screen for the home.  So far we're just frustrated as it's more expensive than most of the products out there and offers less than other products.  It doesn't even move remotely as other less expensive products do and the camera battery drains too quickly.  Without the monitor, it's losing more appeal each day we wait.  Please for the sake of customers who bought this product with the hopes of having additional piece of mind for our babies, give an accurate and truthful statement about your expectations as it's failing to meet our expectations.

alevy
Guide
Guide

Hello. I have been waiting for a while now to purchase the arlo baby bundle with touchscreen. We are all still waiting even though it said July and now the website shows the bundle is 349.99? Why did this price change when we have been waiting to purchase this together? I would have purchased the camera alone if I knew I wouldn't save money. 

tomncincy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why not be honest and just tell people that you don't have a clue on the release date for the Arlo Baby 7" Touchscreen Display?  After the Arlo Pro charging station release date debacle, I thought you would have learned not to put yourself out there like that. It's like you're the Sean Spicer of NETGEAR. 

I've read quite a few of your comments on non-release date inquires and you do very well fielding those type of questions but when it comes to release dates just be honest and tell people you that simply don't know.  Not wanting to appear ignorant on a subject is human nature, its why most guys won't ask for direction when they are lost but trust me as a consumer, I'd have much more respect for someone if they told me that they honestly didn't know something rather than being given inaccurate or downright t false information for months on end.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

July, August and September are quarter 3 months so we're about halfway through that projection. As, i've stated above, these are target release dates and are subject to change, nothing official. At this time, I have no new release information on this accessory.

JamesC

alevy
Guide
Guide
James,
You failed to comment on the price change. Can you explain why?
Thanks
Ariel
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alevy,

I will escalate your question and post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Due to rising material costs, the bundle price had to be reverted to the original $349.99. We don’t expect any further increases in price for the bundle. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

JamesC

Felipe3886
Initiate
Initiate

I am another user very upset about the delays in the product and the lack of communication. I purchased this product with a newborn on the way specifically because of the monitor feature. The fact the I have to come back to this forum every few days/weeks and dig around for updates is an extremelly poor customer experience. Especially since there have been delays that have not been communicated to the owners of this baby camera.

rivershark
Tutor
Tutor

Wow there are a lot of angry people in here! Give Netgear a break, they are developing something that you obviously cannot live without. I am excited about the release and was disappointed when I learned from this thread, thanks to Netgear for answering our questions; that it was not going to be released in July. Expectation is the ruler of anger. I have a severely disabled son that needs to be watched 24/7 and look forward to having the monitor, but for now their APP which is designed very well is working out just fine for us. Thanks, Netgear for a great product and taking the time to insure quality.

chriswkbrd
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC wrote:

July, August and September are quarter 3 months so we're about halfway through that projection. As, i've stated above, these are target release dates and are subject to change, nothing official. At this time, I have no new release information on this accessory.

JamesC

How's that 3rd quarter release looking??? Oh wait, it's now October...

Jeddeth
Guide
Guide

Now that we flew past Q3 without any updates... is this screen ever coming out or was it abandoned?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The release of the Arlo Baby touchscreen display has been delayed as further development work needs to be done to bring the product’s performance to a level that we believe will satisfy our users’ expectations. With the touchscreen display, our goal is to offer a monitoring experience which is simple, real-time, and reliable while still allowing our users to access the smart features Arlo Baby has to offer. We understand that this delay may be causing disappointment amongst our existing Arlo Baby users and we ask for your patience while the Arlo team works on perfecting the product’s performance. In the meantime, we recommend that you use a tablet, if available, as a monitoring device.

acecoolkat
Initiate
Initiate

@JamesC  @BretD

I am looking for some updated information on the Arlo Baby 7" Touchscreen Display (ABD1000).

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-baby/display-monitor.aspx

According to...

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-baby/default.aspx 

...it says "This Arlo Baby combo set will be available for purchase in Spring 2018." How definitive is this, and how much should we rely on this information? Frankly we have read both in the commumity support forums from @JamesC and on the product website similar sentences, and have seen this information change and prove to be unreliable.

• "The Arlo Baby 7” Touchscreen Display, shipping in Summer of 2017, will be available for purchase as an add-on to your existing Arlo Baby camera..." @JamesC 2017-06-05
  • "Currently, the target eta is later this year (hoping for a mid-Q3 release)." @JamesC 2017.06.22
  • "Re: When will the touchscreen display be available and how many cameras can it support

July, August and September are quarter 3 months so we're about halfway through that projection." @JamesC 2017.08.14

• "The latest information I have on target availability is Quarter 3 of 2017 (Months of July, August, September). " @JamesC 2017.08.21
  • "The release of the Arlo Baby touchscreen display has been delayed as further development work needs to be done..." @JamesC 2017.09.15
  • "Re: Arlo baby LCD monitor no longer listed as an accessory?

The release of the Arlo Baby touchscreen display has been delayed as further development work needs to be done" @JamesC 2017.10.16

"This Arlo Baby combo set will be available for purchase in Spring 2018." Quoted from https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-baby/default.aspx on 2017.10.23

My wife and I have been keeping an eye on this since we initially found out she was pregnant 7 months ago, with the tablet "coming soon" since the summer. Pregnancy has nearly completed, and the tablet is still "coming soon". Without something other than a corporate "please be patient; it is coming soon" which we have already heard and no longer believe, I am suggesting we remove the Arlo Baby from our registry / return it if already gifted due to the missing "coming soon" tablet, and go with another option that is ready for production with all promised accessories on day-one. Also, reports by users of poor performance (battery drain, delayed video latency, etc.) on phones/tablets over WiFi are concerning; where I'd normally ignore these as isolated cases, I now doubt the credibility of the product and am seeing a dissapointing pattern.

It sounded like a promising product with some exciting features we were looking forward to, but most of the goodwill of promise has given way to unfulfilled expectations of release.  underscored the letdown of what could-have-been, or at least have given credibility to these reported issues that may have otherwise been credited as isolated issues and instead are fitting a pattern of disappointment. 

tomncincy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have been following this issue for some time now and have come to the conclusion that NETGEAR'S conduct could potentially be actionable at this point. It's like deja vu except last time it had to do with the Arlo Pro charging station but that's a story for another day except that I agreed not to disclose the resolution that was reached between myself and NETGEAR.

I'm not a lawyer but I don't think a law degree is really necessary to recognize what to me seems pretty obvious. If you take the time to review NETGEAR'S business practices and conduct with regards to the entire Arlo product line, it should be clear even to a simpleton such as myself, that the company has not given much forethought to the labyrinth of potential product liability suits they could face for any number of reasons.

Unfortunately, short of a lawsuit I wouldn't expect to see any changes to the their business practices. However, given NETGEARS conduct on this specific issue only, that being deceptive or misleading advertising if they were to be taken to court, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to get a judge to issue a ruling that would require NETGEAR to buy back these devices from consumers that purchased the Arlo Baby because of the 7" Touchscreen Display option. That’s not to say that NETGEAR wouldn’t appeal, honestly I’d be very surprised if they didn’t.

rivershark
Tutor
Tutor
I do not think any where have they stated an exact date. So I wouldn't talk about lawsuits. It is expected to come soon, soon is a relative term to when you expect soon to be. To my daughter soon means now. Netgear produces high quality products and I expect the delays are in fine tuning the requested item so that is worth your money. After all would you want a rushed piece of junk watching over your child? I look forward to the release and who knows for those who have purchased the Arlo baby ahead of time maybe netgear will do something Special for those who can reveal their purchase date. Stay positive.