Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Davidtimdunn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had the cam for months now and I am suddenly unable to talk to my kid. It worked and now it doesn’t. It takes forever to load The “push to speak” button. then it makes no sound on the monitor when I speak.
12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Davidtimdunn

Are you still experiencing this issue with your baby camera? have you tried to reboot the camera & test the push to talk feature again?

Davidtimdunn
Aspirant
Aspirant

i think i've tried everything in my power.  restarting, re syncing, removing and re adding the cam....also the connect time has started to extend.  it takes a good 8 seconds before we can hear or see.  We also have an Arlo Wired Video Doorbell and it's working perfectly.  any other suggestions on what to do?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Davidtimdunn

You can try and performa a factory reset to see if this remedies the issue, if not Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Davidtimdunn
Aspirant
Aspirant

yea ive tried that...i'll move on to tech support

Davidtimdunn
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have tried it all at this point.  power cycle, ra adding and synching...The cam has now started to crash for about 5 min every-time i try the "push to talk".

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please inform the support team with your findings in your case.

numb15
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

when I press the Speak button, the following happens simultaneously:

- the speak button goes solid white

- a fixed orange light on the camera comes on

- the screen image freezes

I hear the first few seconds of my voice through the camera then it stops. I have to kill the whole app and restart it, whereupon the same cycle as above repeats.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @numb15

Are you still experiencing this issue with your two way audio?

Davidtimdunn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep. I’ve sent about 6 messages to tech support and have yet to hear back. The monitor has stopped functioning altogether - solid orange - Do you have any suggestions for a way to get ahold of someone to get this thing replaced?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Davidtimdunn

I have escalated your case and support should be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Your escalations number is: 41965986

numb15
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Shayne yes it’s still happening, any suggestions?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @numb15

Thanks for the update,  Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation