Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push Notification Not Working on 2nd Phone

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AraL
Tutor
Tutor

When changing the Monitor Mode or creating a custom one, if you choose Do Nothing instead of Record Video or Take Snapshot, only the Admin/primary account will get push notifications. Anyone else that has been granted access will no longer be alerted when there is movement or noise.

My wife and I do not want videos or pictures taken since the camera is in our bedroom overlooking the crib, but only one of us will get alerts now.

Please fix this.

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @AraL,

Have you tried removing the grant access and add them back on to see if the push notifications work on the second phone? 

AraL
Tutor
Tutor
Yes. Didn't work. The issue is not with permissions as I can reproduce it on either phone with the secondary account as detailed above.

As long as the video/photo capture is enabled, it will send push alerts to the second account.

If you disable capture, then only the primary account gets alerted.

I'm guessing it's a coding event for the secondary account that only triggers after a capture.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We were not able to replicate the issue after testing this out and successfully receive a push notification on the "grant access" account. For the granted access account, try with a different email address and see if that can help. Otherwise, I would suggest contacting our Arlo Support Team so they can look into this further. 

AraL
Tutor
Tutor
Did you specifically test it with the Do Nothing setting using phone number push?

Not email notifications as you stated in your test method....

I can reproduce it 100% every time.

It can't be an issue with the phone on our end as it receives "pushes to phone" perfectly fine as long as photo or video capture is enabled.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This was tested through a phone number push (not email notification). Contact our Arlo Support Team so they can see what problems you might be having with your push notifications not working.

Grewhorio
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here. Bump
ROfu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bump - same issue and don’t get me started on Echo Show issues.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation