Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Physical buttons ignore app settings

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tomeranaray
Guide
Guide

The buttons on the Arlo Baby to play music or turn on the light seem to ignore the app settings. Especially volume is annoying as it plays too loud. Can it be changes so the buttons respect the settings?

it would also be nice if there could be a default timeout, so that music and audio stop after a while. Now, we have to go to the app every time. And it takes way too many steps in the app to set this for both the music and the light. 

- wait for a connection

- hunt for the little overlay icons

- slide auto-off on

- choose the time

- click save (that’s a tricky wine easily missed)

- repeat

7 REPLIES 7
Tomeranaray
Guide
Guide

The buttons on the Arlo Baby to play music or turn on the light seem to ignore the app settings. Especially volume is annoying as it plays too loud. Can it be changes so the buttons respect the settings?

it would also be nice if there could be a default timeout, so that music and audio stop after a while. Now, we have to go to the app every time. And it takes way too many steps in the app to set this for both the music and the light. 

- wait for a connection

- hunt for the little overlay icons

- slide auto-off on

- choose the time

- click save (that’s a tricky one easily missed)

- repeat

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tomeranaray

I have tested this on Android & IOS and was not able to replicate the issue. The volume & nightlight synced with the physical buttons vice versa. What Device/OS & Arlo App version are you using?

silverandbalck2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just noticed that after the last update on 06/07/19 the base station no longer alarms. I’ve tried to activate manually and it still does not sound. Could there be a glitch in the update?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't say if on web or app...

Just tested on web and android and it's fine.  ( not tested on iOS )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
silverandbalck2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried with both android and iOS neither will sound. It says the alarm is activated but no sound.

silverandbalck2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update - after logging on through the website and activating successfully, went back and tried through Android and iOS apps and now it works. I don’t know why I would have to do that before it works through apps.

Tomeranaray
Guide
Guide

Hi, you might be right. I can't replicate it either anymore. it happened a couple of times before posting this thread, but now it works as intented.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation