Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Phantom Arlo baby notifications

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Shocker19
Tutor
Tutor
So we have 3 Arlo pro's and added an Arlo baby. For the past few days, I'll randomly receive a notification that "nursery is playing" with nursery being the name of my Arlo baby. I've included a picture of what I'm talking about. When I check, there is no sound playing. I have turned the camera off, but still receive these notifications. Anyone know why I'm getting these?
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the "sound always on " feature... that's when the audio plays thru when screen is off

If the camera is fully off, then reboot ( restart the cam ) in settings

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Shocker19
Tutor
Tutor
So being new with the Arlo Baby, I'll tell you what I'm doing and you can let me know if that's correct. First, the camera is in the "off" position, not powered off. I'll have to try a hard power off later. Next, about the "always on" feature, I had to turn my camera to "on" in order to see the little speaker notification that I believe is that feature. It was not highlighted in green so I selected it to see it turn green, then selected it again so it returned to grey. Other than physically powering down the camera, am I doing all the right things?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, seems like.

The speaker icon is the audio on always... and if on should be not grayed.

This allows audio to come thru in background.

You do not have to hard power down, in device settings there is a RESTART, which will reboot the camera in case somehow it got stuck on

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation