Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications not triggering with a crying baby

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
adambean
Luminary
Luminary

Hey all,

I left my motion/audio on default settings and they weren't firing while our baby was crying in his nursery. I just turned them to the max sensitivity, and I've recieved all of 2 audio notifications in the past 10 minutes. He's crying pretty loud as we can hear him on the first floor and he's on the second. It's about time for a bottle, but this is disheartening. Why are we not getting either audio or video notification?

When it did notify, once it said "Sound detected in Nursery" whereas the other said "Nursery detected your baby crying" or something like that. Was cool to see that there's some logic to determine a higher level of crying? But, overall, something seems wrong here?

I have an Arlo Pro in place too, and relatively similiar results. Any particular reason why these aren't working? Is it due to the night time, or white noise in the background? I'll play more during the day to test different scenario's, but any feedback is most welcome.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you have a white noise generator in the baby's room, it will interfere with the audio detection of the cameras

adambean
Luminary
Luminary
Good to know, but what about the noise the Arlo can make?

What's odd is that it triggered many times overnight.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

adambean,

If you're receiving less audio alerts than expect, you might consider increasing the audio sensitivity for your camera.

As mentioned above, do you notice any difference in the audio detection behavior when there is no other noise in the background (white noise or otherwise)?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation