Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Normal background noise?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Hi

In the attached clip, you will hear a background noise I get off all my cameras, this is off the babycam. This is fairly distracting when in live mode as I want to hear the baby not a hiss 24/7. It's like is picking up the internal working of the camera as there's also a slight change in the noise to include a cricket sound when you press the record, which instantly stops when you stop recording. Which leads me to think it is the camera working. When picking up voice it's clear it's just this background noise that's the concern. Does everyone have this amount of background noise? It's like the microphone sensitivity is on overdrive!!! But how do you turn it down for live mode? Ps is the best the night vision can do? As that's only about 1m and on full brightnesss?
6 REPLIES 6
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Sorry it won't let me post the video for some reason
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Solved the night vision problem! I think the toggle in the app is set the wrong way, selecting it showing green in the toggle would imply it's on (as it is in Arlo pro) but on the babycam the green means it's off???? A bug in programming maybe? But just to say the picture quality is way worse when it's turned all, lots of pixelation which isn't there when it's not on?
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pgsullivan,

Is there anything near the camera that could be causing the noise?  A clock or some other electronic device? If multiple cameras are picking up this sound it's likely to be another nearby device. In a quiet environment like your video shows, the microphone can be fairly sensitive.

JamesC

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Hi James

That scraping/cricket noise only comes on when recording is selected. You don't here it when in live mode and then my sound is similar to that other recent thread on sound which I think you are saying is normal? It seems very sensitive in live mode, should there be an option to turn the puck up sensitivity down then as really does affect it, I was speaking quietly and it picks it up nearly as if I am shouting, as for a baby can you kind of want it on all the time, but that static noise is too loud like the other poster commented. It's like the microphone is way way to sensitive
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation