Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
kungFuPanda
Tutor
Tutor
Night vision mode is not working.

Baby room
1.8.0.25_12698 Firmware version
ABC1000r6 Hardware
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tunguyen
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @kungFuPanda,

A new firmware version 1.8.0.27_12874 was released last night (May 21) and should address the night vision issue you are experiencing. The firmware should have already been uploaded onto your camera. Have you had a chance to use the camera today? If yes, are you still seeing the issue?

Thanks,

Tu

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-turn-my-camera-s-night-vision-on-and-o...

check and make sure the IR illuminators are on

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kungFuPanda,

The Arlo Baby IR LED is very difficult to see, which may appear at first to not be working. Test a live stream at night to see if Night Vision is working.

JamesC

kungFuPanda
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you, James.

Had a dim night light in one corner of the camera's point of view and appeared to have thrown off the sensors.
kungFuPanda
Tutor
Tutor
Spoke too early. Just heard the IR sensors turn off. No change in room lighting. Switched night vision on and off. No remedy.
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I'd open a case with Netgear so you have a record. take screenshots of IR "off" and IR "on" in the darkest room, closet etc.  The difference should be night at day....

ChicagoOutfit
Guide
Guide

Night #2 without night vision working. What is the issue? It has not worked since I received it. All there is is a pitch-black screen.

Also, in terms of setting motion zones up, it will not update to where I eventually moved the Arlo Baby. It has kept the same screen grab from when I first turned the Arlo Baby on. Why is this?

IMG_4941.PNG

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ChicagoOutfit,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

tunguyen
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @kungFuPanda,

A new firmware version 1.8.0.27_12874 was released last night (May 21) and should address the night vision issue you are experiencing. The firmware should have already been uploaded onto your camera. Have you had a chance to use the camera today? If yes, are you still seeing the issue?

Thanks,

Tu

dc2
Aspirant
Aspirant

You guys can't even get an update out right? Mine is saying no update available. Still says 1.8.025. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dc2,

Consider restarting the camera. Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select Arlo Baby > Device Settings > Restart. Allow the camera to come back online and try again. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

kungFuPanda
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry for the delay. I have noticed the night vision to be working better. I've also noticed that the placement of the camera and a white crib confuse the sensors into thinking it's brighter in the room than it actually is.

Will be able to test this more when I get in from work.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation