Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion sensor not working?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
babyarlo-help
Aspirant
Aspirant
Some help please!

I bought an arlo baby to monitor epilepsy at night. I have set rules and modes to alert and record when it detects motion on highest sensitivity.

My baby can be rolling around her cot and it still doesn’t set off motion sensors? It only set it off when she actually stood up. Are these movements too small to pick up? Or is there something wrong with my motion sensor?

Thanks for your time.
6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @babyarlo-help

Have you tried to reboot the Arlo Baby by chance yet?

babyarlo-help
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Shane,
Thanks for your feedback. Nothing wrong with the camera. I changed placement of the camera to right above her cot and it made a massive difference. I just thought as a security camera it would have picked up the slightest movements.
Cheers

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@babyarlo-help

That is great news! let me know if have any other questions.

babyarlo-help
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shane,

I ended up having to replace the previous model due to sensor issues. I am now finding this bunny has night vision problems 😞 it didn’t work like the last one. I only get a black screen when the room is pitch black whereas the previous model worked fine straight away. Does that mean it is a faulty night vision camera? I did find that when it was updating the firmware when I first turned it on, it seemed to fail a few times by continually telling me to update firmware. I ended up force quitting the app as it took over 10 mins. Can I manually install firmware again? I tried hard reset already and it doesn’t tell me to update firmware?

thanks again for your time.

babyarlo-help
Aspirant
Aspirant

And just thought I’d add that when the nightvision ‘clicks’ on, I don’t see any red lights turn on. I remember seeing small red dot(s?) coming on my previous camera. Do I need a new camera? Cheers.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @babyarlo-help

I would suggest contacting customer support again regarding the night vision issue. I will provide the link here, so you don't have to go searching the website. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation