Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion recorded outside of activity zone

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
willderr
Follower
Follower

I've read some other posts about Activity Zones being ignored on other camera models, and it seems like most are unsolved.  Has anyone experienced this with the Arlo Baby?

I've created three activitiy zones in my toddler's room.  One covers the bed, and the other two cover the surrounding area.  During the "Bedtime" mode that I've created, only the activity zones that are active are the ones surrounding the bed.  The one covering the bed is supposed to be inactive.  Yet I get an alert and recording every time he rolls over or shifts in his sleep.

I have a suspician that this has something to do with the "Rotate 180 degrees" video setting.  There are random times when I go into the settings part of the app or web interface and the video will be displayed in its original orientation.  That would put one of the active zones right over the bed.  I suspect the "Rotate 180 degrees" setting is not being applied universally or consistently.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix it.

Thanks,

Will

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @willderr

Have you tried rebooting the Arlo Baby & testing again? If that does not seem to help, I would suggest contacting Arlo Tech Support. I have provided the link here for you. 

Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation