Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SEF99
Guide
Guide

About 10 days ago local streaming stopped through the app.  Local streaming gives a 1-2 second delay when your device is on the same network as the camera.  Instead of viewing the cameras this way they appear to be going through the cloud, thus producing a 7 second delay.  The house icon in the upper left of the feed (indicating local streaming) is also not present anymore despite being on the same network, which again, gives me reason to believe the camera or the router are not communicating correctly.

I have spoken with Arlo support 6 times and have gotten 6 different answers, none of which have solved the issue.

I have reset, restarted, and reconfigured all cameras, base stations, routers and modems.  No updates or changes to any device, app or network setting prior to this problem.

Seeing that Arlo appears to have no clue how to rectify this issue and seems to be literally guessing I am looking to others to maybe help solve it for me.  This is beyond frustrating, especially as one of these is a baby camera.

4 REPLIES 4
MavinW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you figure this out?

I am burning through 2 gigs of Comcast data per hour overnight now with my 2 baby monitors. Rebooted devices, on the latest iOS app and firmware, etc. 

SEF99
Guide
Guide
No, the problem is still there.

After numerous calls to my provider and Arlo it seems clear the app is not compatible with IOS 14, yet the incompetents at Arlo still don’t seem aware of this (I had to explain to them what local streaming was and the “house” icon that’s associated with it).

So until Arlo realizes they are functioning with an app that is not compatible with the devices of the majority of their users we’ll continue to have these problems.

Which is on par for Arlo support...
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @SEF99

Do you happen to have a case number I can review?

SEF99
Guide
Guide

I have too many to mention.  All are proceeding as if I can't stream at all, which IS NOT my issue.  I can stream fine, it's just going through the cloud instead of local streaming.

So, giving a ticket number will serve no purpose as NOTHING has been done to solve my specific problem.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation