Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Hi

I have a 52mg fibre broadband with full signal in the nursery.

If you look at the attached pic (taken via a screen grab on my phone) I get pixelation when viewing the live view on the baby cam. (I also have 8 Arlo pros and do not get the same pixelation in live view). However when then taking a picture or video in live mode it comes out clear? Any ideas??

As for the baby cam the live view is what I want to be clear as will hardly ever take pictures from it as it's a baby monitor.

Pic
https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/9F12CE534CFFF610_201709

Video
https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/59EED153A36324DB_201709
58 REPLIES 58
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is working on a new firmware release that should address some of the issues users have described experiencing in this thread. We hope to have this fix available soon. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

getting quite frustrated with the lack of an "Actual" update, 

the twitter response was as much use as a chocolate firegaurd.

emilyl
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is completely outrageous. Also purchased Arlo baby on amazon prime day. Peopel need to write these reviews on amazon so customers know not to purchase. I’m consistently having pixelation issues. I will be pursuing a refund if there is no response to fix the issue in the next 47 hours.
snowbooch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here (and has been an issue since I purchased). Clearly a software bug. Please help Netgear!

cnnn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. Please fix it.
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
Gotta love the speedy arlo replies and work to fix...
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC wrote:

The engineering team is working on a new firmware release that should address some of the issues users have described experiencing in this thread. We hope to have this fix available soon. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

by soon do you mean the year 2025 ? come on Arlo lets have an actual date put to this, my anger is growing at buying a £140 brick.

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

something i have just noticed, my Cam is connected to 2G my viewing devices 5G , pixelation issue still occurs

however when the pixelation does occur, if i start streaming on another device at the same time this clears the pixelation for both devices, bit of a rubbish workaround but maybe this will work for others.  just more proof this is not my or others WIFI that is the issue however.

devices used are Ipad (latest Gen) and Galaxy S8 (ipad being the main monitor, S8 that is used to clear pixelation from devices)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware has been made available that should help with the pixilation issue being discussed here. Take a look at these firmware release notes and make sure your Arlo Baby is up to date with the latest version: Arlo Baby - 1.8.5.3_21226- 17th October 2018

JamesC