Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Alexsletters
Tutor
Tutor

Is it possible for the arlo baby to remember Wi-Fi details that it has previously connected to, similar to the way phones/tablets do, and automatically connect when in range? We regularly take our arlo to various different relatives houses and it is tedious to have to manually connect to their wifi each time, then reconnect to our own when we get home. Especially as it often does not recognise the QR code when connecting to wifi and takes multiple attempts.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you doing this a lot?

One workaround is for you all to create a common guest network in all your homes (using the same SSID and passphrase).  That would also make it simpler for you all to connect to wifi whenever you get together.

Then connect the Qs to that guest network (which will work at all the sites).

Alexsletters
Tutor
Tutor
How do I do this? all my relatives I visit have different modems with different network/user names...
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Alexsletters wrote:
How do I do this? all my relatives I visit have different modems with different network/user names...

Almost all routers/modems can host a guest WiFi network.  You and your relatives should be able to set this up (using any SSID / passphrase you like).

FWIW, you could even all agree to use the same SSID/passphrase for your main network.   

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation