Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
m_z
Apprentice
Apprentice

I wanted to upload the music we always play to our baby to Arlo Baby, so we can just push a button on the camera and play it.

I assumed it is possible, but the only options I'm finding is choosing from provided songs, or recording from a microphone.

Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok... I just went thru all info I had on it ... even tried to access the memory in the device thinking I could  pull over music, but the end result is as you thought NG. ( this was all tested on a PC...will check IOS too in a little while )

There is audio recording into the device and the canned music/sounds/etc they have you access on the web and thats it.

What may work and I haven't tried this yet is inputting music when doing the voice record...will test it out soon

You should post this in the wish area...  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Netgear does review it .

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-add-or-remove-songs-on-my-Arlo-Baby-mu...

I've recorded voice to it, but will see if I can find out more about adding a music file and get back to you

m_z
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah,I obviously saw that. But it doesn't say how to add a custom song, e.g. from a local MP3 file.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok... I just went thru all info I had on it ... even tried to access the memory in the device thinking I could  pull over music, but the end result is as you thought NG. ( this was all tested on a PC...will check IOS too in a little while )

There is audio recording into the device and the canned music/sounds/etc they have you access on the web and thats it.

What may work and I haven't tried this yet is inputting music when doing the voice record...will test it out soon

You should post this in the wish area...  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Netgear does review it .

m_z
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Welcome.... the only other thing noted you should see is the mem is maxed at 20Mb with half left.

The songs are compress or low bit rate that they use...

With the mem left in mine, it only allowed 8 min+ of recording ( not sure if this is a per file max or not )... But my reg songs run a few MB each and would need conversion if able to add anyway.

m_z
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, I saw that. But 20MB can still hold 20-30 minutes of okayish-quality MP3. It's not for hifi listening 🙂

m_z
Apprentice
Apprentice
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation