Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ivardj
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I just purchased my Arlo baby yesterday and it is set up watching over our 6 weeks old baby. I have tried various sensitivity settings, and it either seems to raise an alert every second, or not often enough. I have Arlo installed on my iPhone 7S, our Oppo R11s (Android) and it is used with Amazon's Echo Spot. Whilst I can get Alexa to view the cot live, and I can get notifications on my iPhone, the Oppo just plays a sound, and I have to manually go into notifications to find the alert, and then click on it.

I would have expected a smart device like this to be able to automatically turn on the live feed when something was noticed. At the moment it is quicker just to hear Wren (the baby) cry than actually picking up something from the phones/Alexa.

Also, I noticed that in night mode the camera is darker than in non-night mode. It seems to me a great concept, but with a lot of teething problems.

Here's what I expect. Baby cries, or moves within sensitivity, one (or all) devices shifts to the Arlo app and shows the live feed. This is how standard baby monitors at half the price work.

Please tell me I am doing something wrong, or I'd be looking for a refund for this.

Take care,

Ivar

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ivardj wrote:

Hi,

I just purchased my Arlo baby yesterday and it is set up watching over our 6 weeks old baby. I have tried various sensitivity settings, and it either seems to raise an alert every second, or not often enough. I have Arlo installed on my iPhone 7S, our Oppo R11s (Android) and it is used with Amazon's Echo Spot. Whilst I can get Alexa to view the cot live, and I can get notifications on my iPhone, the Oppo just plays a sound, and I have to manually go into notifications to find the alert, and then click on it.

I would have expected a smart device like this to be able to automatically turn on the live feed when something was noticed. At the moment it is quicker just to hear Wren (the baby) cry than actually picking up something from the phones/Alexa.

Also, I noticed that in night mode the camera is darker than in non-night mode. It seems to me a great concept, but with a lot of teething problems.

Here's what I expect. Baby cries, or moves within sensitivity, one (or all) devices shifts to the Arlo app and shows the live feed. This is how standard baby monitors at half the price work.

Please tell me I am doing something wrong, or I'd be looking for a refund for this.

Take care,

Ivar

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation