Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can you receive Arlo Baby notifications while live streaming video?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lilgup
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I receive push notifications for sound/motion whole I have the live stream open if I have "listen in" turned on or do I have to navigate away from the live stream?

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Lilgup,

You won't receive notifications while live streaming the video; however, the "Always Listening" tool will allow you to minimize the app and still hear the audio from the live stream.

Lilgup
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! I have always listening on (see attached screen shot), at least I think I do, and I'm not receiving notifications. I only get notifications when I'm not streaming audio or video. I thought I should still get notifications while always listening, is that incorrect?
Lilgup
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe I have always listening working, as I do hear sound when I navigate away from the app, but I'm not receiving notifications while always listening. Is this a bug? Do I need to change settings?

I have an Android and my camera has the latest firmware and my app is up to date.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You will not receive notifications when the video is on "Always Listening" since this will disable the motion and audio detection. But you will hear audio from the background.

slim81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could Arlo work on enabling audio and motion alerts even when Arlo Baby is in 'always listening'?

this is because there are times when the baby's cries/coughs are too soft for me to hear while on 'always listening'. Or the cries/coughs are too soft to wake me up from my own sleep.

In these cases i would like Arlo Baby to record these sounds/actions so that i'll be informed of the baby's cries/coughs that i have missed.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation