Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am looking to purchase an Arlo Baby camera but I am wondering if it can remember multiple SSIDs?  I would be buying it for my Step Daughter to monitor my Grandson so I want them to be able to use it at our house as well as theirs.  Also I am wondering how easily the SSID can be switched when traveling since she wouldn't necessarily know the SSID until she gets there.  So if they go to visit her aunt for a week can she easily join her aunts WIFI network while there?  These are not issues I've had to worry about with my Arlo Q, or Arlo Q Plus's since they don't leave our house.  Since Arlo started out with cameras that are meant to be stationary, I'm wondering if they have thought things this far out with the Baby cameras?

It will be used with iOS devices when traveling.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When moving the camera to a new location, you just need to know the SSID and passphrase of the new network when you try to connect to it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Baby does not have a multi SSid list...

But it is easy to re-set up at a new location as long as you have the current SSID and PW

( btw, the baby sets up the same way as the Q which you have )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for replying.  When you say it is easy to setup a new connection as long as you have the existing SSID and password, does that mean you need to know the next locations WIFI settings and configure the connection before you leave the existing WIFI or will the camera broadcast using the existing WIFI if it cannot connect?

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When moving the camera to a new location, you just need to know the SSID and passphrase of the new network when you try to connect to it.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation