Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Hasn’t Recorded In Months - Only Timeline Works

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Saritas
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been several months since both of our cameras have stopped recording and we can only see activity by checking timeline (which is a nightmare). My husband has talked to support and somehow they say we can only choose timeline OR video record which makes NO sense, I know they didn’t take away this main capability. I’ve looked at the boards and have tried pretty much everything I’ve seen to fix it and nothing is working. Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Saritas

What firmware version is the base station & cameras running? are these device up to date? I have attached a link to the firmware release notes that should help with this. 

Firmware Release Notes

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

They should both work together as they have in the past , tho I don't have a fix for you.

IMO, you would be better off upgrading the service level... 10 cams and 30 days storage runs $10 month/99 yr while the CVR is the same PER camera

All I can suggest it to remove all devices and then bring back as new ( a real pain ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

same here.

I have 2 Pro 2s with CVR option and I no longer get alerts to my phone nor recordings, only the CVR timeline and only notification I get is on desktop with the Motion Man turning orange

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JehovasFitness

What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far? I do not wan't suggest anything you have previously attempted.

Saritas
Aspirant
Aspirant
We’ve verified local network and connection to Arlo servers, factory resets, places cameras in separate networks, tried different modes, tried manual recording (which works), tried enabling/disabling with CVR, etc. if you have any other ideas I’d be happy to hear, our house is full of Arlo cameras and two baby monitors (the most important part and the two that we have huge issues with) and honestly I’m ready to trash it all and get a whole new system which would really suck.
Saritas
Aspirant
Aspirant
We’ve verified local network and connection to Arlo servers, factory resets, places cameras in separate networks, tried different modes, tried manual recording (which works), tried enabling/disabling with CVR, etc. if you have any other ideas I’d be happy to hear, our house is full of Arlo cameras and two baby monitors (the most important part and the two that we have huge issues with) and honestly I’m ready to trash it all and get a whole new system which would really suck.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Saritas

What firmware version is the base station & cameras running? are these device up to date? I have attached a link to the firmware release notes that should help with this. 

Firmware Release Notes

Saritas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, everything is up to date.

VMB3010r2 - 1.12.0.1_27940
VMB4000r3 - 1.12.0.1_27940
#1 Arlo Baby(v6) - 1.8.6.2_22781
#2 Arlo Baby(v6) - 1.8.6.2_22781
#1 VMC3040r6 - 1.9.0.0_269
#2 VMC3040r6 - 1.9.0.0_269
#3 VMC3040r6 - 1.9.0.0_269