Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Maz00
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the past 2 days I've had a black screen when trying to view my baby monitor (Android app). We tried turning the camera off and on again, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarting the phones, no dice (tried on 2 different phones even). I can still see Environment settings and control the sound, but can't see anything, which defeats the purpose of a baby monitor... Any ideas?

EDIT: just tried on desktop app, also black scren!

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Maz00,

When you said you tried turning your Baby camera off and on, does that mean you power cycled? Try the following to see if this helps:

1. Unplug the USB cable from your Arlo Baby camera. 
  2. Rotate the foot plate and remove the Arlo Baby character’s feet.
  3. Slide the battery switch on the bottom of Arlo Baby to off.
  4. The battery is turned off when no green is visible near the battery switch.
  5. Wait ten seconds, then slide the battery switch to on.
  6. Your Arlo Baby camera restarts.
  7. Replace the foot plate and rotate until it clicks into place.
  8. Plug the USB cable back in.
Melemaclean
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the exact same issue but only on my phone. Not my husbands. Did you resolve?
Melemaclean
Aspirant
Aspirant
No live view on Arlo App, sound only. Library still recording, notifications still coming through and It works on my husband’s iPhone via the app but just a black screen on my iPhone with the app and just a black screen on our IPad. Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Melemaclean,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and/or rebooting your phone device? Is this also happening on WiFi and/or cellular data?

Maz00
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nope, it just started working again on its own. Sorry I can't help more!
Av8or1ab
Guide
Guide
I'm having this exact issue for the last week. Was there an update? At this point I'm ready to throw away the entire system.
I've done all the steps described above and it did not resolve my issues.
Melemaclean
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine just randomly started working again too. I’m sorry I can’t remember exactly what it said but when I restarted my phone it asked “will you allow the Arlo app to run Home something.....” I said yes and it started working. So it was like I had to give permission for something and then it worked again? So weird because it has previously worked for months.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation