Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Had Arlo Baby for 18 months but stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
CChamberd
Follower
Follower

BEWARE OF ARLO CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!

I bought a new Arlo Baby approx 18 months ago- from original contact with Arlo. Item started working intermittently at the 15-16 month mark then stopped working altogether around the 18 month mark. I called tech support, who walked me through the troubleshooting guide. They could not get the camera to work either. They said they would replace the camera even though it was out of warranty by a few months. They told me to await a follow up email which would have my return instructions. I waited several weeks and called again once the email didn't arrive. Tech support informed me that the original case had been closed but they would open another so they could send me the return instructions email. I waited several weeks again but it never arrived. I called today (with both case numbers) and after a 35 minute phone call (mostly on hold), I was told that the item was out of warranty and they could not replace it. I would have accepted this answer from the beginning with nor reservations but after several months of my 20 month old sleeping with no camera and multiple times of Arlo promising to warranty, this is not an acceptable answer.  I have several other Arlo cameras, but will replace them with a different manufacturer. A warranty is fine but do not make promises and then do not keep them. 

1 REPLY 1
acountingsheep
Tutor
Tutor

You're lucky to get 18 months out of it.  Mine had problems almost from day 1 and has now died after only 8 months of use.  The product now appears to be discontinued which shows they know its a failure.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation