Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Baby cam needs internet?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MR_L
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just found out that my entire Arlo system including the baby cam can’t function at all without access to the internet? Why? All the devices are still connected through WiFi. My cable provider is doing routine maintenance and that has rendered the entire system useless. I am disappointed by Arlo products regularly. The whole system is a waste because of the clunky nature of the software. There’s no reason to make such a high end product so useless. Tell me why Arlo baby camera needs access to outside internet in order to stream a signal to my phone on my local WiFi?! I hate that I spent so much money on these products.
2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MR_L

All Arlo cameras require a high-speed Internet connection, you may find more info in the following article here: What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

MR_L
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a good explanation for why the cameras need to have access to the internet in order to access them from a device on the same local network? You’d think that would be a reasonably critical functionality for the baby cam at least.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation