Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio Alerts Not Working - Arlo Baby

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jaydayclay
Star
Star

We've been using our Arlo Baby with our newborn for 5 weeks now. The entire time we've been using the "Audio is detected" condition to record video and send an alert. We've had the sensitivity setting at either a 2 or 3 ever since we've been using it. About 2 days ago it completely stopped detecting audio and sending alerts. If we go to the live view, it's picking up his crying just like always, but it's not alerting on it. I've tried restarting the camera, dropping the sensitivity to a 1, playing different music from Arlo Baby's playlist, turning off the audio completely, and turning the monitoring off and back on. Has anyone else seen this issue? Any suggestions? Arlo Baby went from being great to being somewhat useless in only a couple of days.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's not alerting, you want to INCREASE the sensitivity, not decrease it.  Use a higher number.

portsidey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have had this issue for the last week and it only seems to be an issue in the middle of the night. It basically makes this camera useless since it does not email or notify my phone until I wake up and check my phone. The notifications all come at once after I unlock my phone and then I see my babies have been crying for an hour! A search of this issue shows this was a problem in the Arlo cameras and is a cloud based issue. It shows it as resolved in that forum but clearly is an issue for the Arlo Baby. I checked and my firmware is all up to date. Hopefully the Netgear moderator will fix this asap because I don't have time to call Netgear because it is generally useless and a waste of time with their troubleshooting. This seems to be an issue with their services and not the unit.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

portsidey,

Are you still experiencing this issue? The Arlo mobile app must be logged in and running to receive push notifications. It sounds like you could be experiencing an issue due to a battery optimization setting on your phone that is closing or shutting down apps that have been open for a period of time. Check your battery optimization settings and be sure the Arlo mobile app is listed as an exception.

JamesC

portsidey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James, I updated my app a few days ago and I saw that the update was supposed to fix a lot of these issues with the Arlo Baby. I also went and checked my battery setting and I did not have any sort of saving mode on. I also made sure the app was set as a priority but I am still having issues.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation