Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Amduff
Initiate
Initiate
I have an Arlo baby monitor that just stopped working one day. It disconnected and now will not work. I deleted the device to try and re do the set up except now it will not discover the device. It goes thru all the steps smoothly but wont get past the discover device page. It's on the same wifi as my phone and I have tried using the reset button. I have tried turning everything on and off, camera, phone, wifi but nothing works. I am on day 5 with no monitor.
11 REPLIES 11
caseymorton
Tutor
Tutor

I am having this exact same problem. Hoping a solution can be posted. I am going to post my own ticket as well, but fingers crossed Netgear can offer a solution for both of us.

caseymorton
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo Baby monitor, and have been using it (relatively) succesfully since purchase (dropouts and other issues aside).

Two nights ago, all of a sudden, our baby monitor stopped working. I tried power cycling the battery, and this did not work. I then reset the monitor, and alas this did not work. Finally, I removed the device from the Arlo app, and then tried to reinstall the device, and now I cannot add the device at all.

The Arlo monitor is obviously connected to the network, as it shows up in the Apple Home app, however the app will not let me get past the "discover device" screen, where I get an error.

Please provide a solution to this problem.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You state it had previously stopped working....

It may just be defective.

Contact Arlo support ;  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Amduff

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

caseymorton
Tutor
Tutor
I have an Arlo Baby monitor, and have been using it (relatively) succesfully since purchase (dropouts and other issues aside).

Two nights ago, all of a sudden, our baby monitor stopped working. I tried power cycling the battery, and this did not work. I then reset the monitor, and alas this did not work. Finally, I removed the device from the Arlo app, and then tried to reinstall the device, and now I cannot add the device at all.

The Arlo monitor is obviously connected to the network, as it shows up in the Apple Home app, however the app will not let me get past the "discover device" screen, where I get an error.

Please provide a solution to this problem.
Delsazsultan
Initiate
Initiate

Hi everyone
I have 4 Arlo camera connected and set up to the Arlo app .Recently I purchased Arlo baby monitor .I tried several attempts on different days to connect the baby monitor to the app every time the app cannot recognize the Arlo baby monitor ,I tried manually to enter the Qrl and the WiFi connection .the camera would read the code and blink but still the app cannot connect .I tried to reboot the baby monitor didn’t work either .I don’t know if you guys have any suggestions.i followed all the steps in the video .I tried to call the customer service,it seems there is no number to call .I called a number said Arlo and netgear customer service .The IT had access to my computer and cameras then he said I have unauthorized users on my WiFi and things need to be clean on my computer then he asked for 150$ to do it .I doubted that it is the Arlo customer service the guys accent was indian .please help with suggestions and the actual Arlo customer service . Shall I return the baby monitor ?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Support is here ONLY ( do not google as you will usu get a fake service )

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Do you do a full reset on the Baby ( hold reset for about ten secs till the led flashes ),

then attempt to sync

Morse is faster than texting!
mariaic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm one more customer with exactly the same problem.

This problem has been informed by many users.

I'm tired of reading the same  "solutions" over and over, that simply don't work.

These devices are truly frustrating.

Amduff
Initiate
Initiate
I kept hard resetting my camera until it finally connected. I'm not going to lie, it was annoying and time consuming but it did finally connect. I dont know if it was a fluke that it reconnected or if the hard reset wasnt working initially. I was just so frustrated sitting at home alone and not being able to see my newborn baby. It has worked ever since, fingers crossed that it continues to work. It's not like monitors are cheap, so buying a new one wasn't an immediate option for us. I honestly wish I had a solution for you besides hard resetting over and over but I figure it may be worth a try. They seem to be glitchy cameras.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

To all having the disconnect issue get used to it.  Arlo support is non-existent, all they will do is ask to you do moronic things like walking closer to your router, resetting the device, or rebooting your router.  This problem didn't exist until about mid-June and after several attempts everyone appears to be clueless yet firmware was released for their other products for the very same issue.  It will continue to happy like clockwork every 3 weeks or so.  My advice is to return it for something that works.

Side note - Arlo Support Chat doesn't work.

PhilDad2018
Initiate
Initiate
Hi All

See this article on how to perform the factory reset. What is does not say is that you have to take off the ArloBaby ears first but the rest is simple enough to follow.

Our Arlo Baby could not connect and after removing the device and numerous unsuccessfully searches to locate the device during setup the factory reset did the trick.

https://kb.arlo.com/1282685/How-do-I-reset-Arlo-Baby-to-factory-default-settings
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation