Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo baby sound notification

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
a_barry
Tutor
Tutor

I have to consistently turn off the audio notifications in the app for Arlo baby several times a day but it still turns back on.  Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue?

23 REPLIES 23
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

mrkevin
Initiate
Initiate

We've spontaneously started having the same issue. We've never turned them on before, but now all of a sudden we are getting spammed with motion and sound notifications for our arlo baby.

The fun part is we are unable to disable the notifications. Trying to go into 'Motion & Audio Settings' for that camera just comes up with a spinning loading icon that never goes away.

Android app version 3.7.1_28485, released 10/04/2022.

LonePine
Tutor
Tutor

Today we started getting motion and audio alerts/notifications out of the blue on two of our cameras. I tried turning motion and audio detection off for both cameras, but we keep getting the notifications. When I recheck the settings, one or both are turned on -even though I just turned them off. I've gone through this over and over. The only thing that seems to work is to turn the camera off completely. But as soon as I turn it back on, I start getting notifications again. Since I'm not on the paid support plan, I can't even talk to a real support person. Not very happy with Arlo!! I'm thinking of scrapping these cameras and looking for something else...

LonePine
Tutor
Tutor

On my Android phone app for Arlo, there are 3 selections at the bottom of the screen. They are: Devices, Library, and Mode. I picked the Mode selection and it brings up a screen that lists each camera and whether monitoring is on or off. I changed the mode to "Monitoring off" and that seems to have stopped the spam notifications. Maybe...

LonePine
Tutor
Tutor

I just started having the same notification problems as the original post. I'm using Android app version 3.7.1_28485. It's dated 10/4/22, and appears to be a couple of days before my camera problem started. Very frustrated with this problem that popped up out of the blue!!!

Bcoz22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Motion and Audio alerts keep enabling on their own on our Arlo Baby camera

Everytime I turn alerts off, they turn back on.

Is there a support phone number as I would prefer to not have to pay to speak to customer service?

Retarting device, resetting camera, uninstalling and reinstalling app all have not worked.

rcongiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Starting yesterday 10/6 at about 10:20 am I started receiving non stop alerts from my arlo baby (the bunny one). 
It looks like audio alerts self-activated, and I am not able to disable them. I disable them and they get automatically re-enabled and the only thing I could do to stop getting bombed by alerts was uninstalling arlo from my phone.

I checked and sure enough yesterday 9:30am there was a firmware release. THAT FIRMWARE RELEASE HAS A BUG, PLEASE ROLL IT BACK, PUT BACK THE OLD FIRMWARE AND FIX IT. 
You should test it better, it's appalling that a bug as bad as this one went through your QA.

rcongiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I started to have the same issue too. Sure enough, they pushed un update yesterday (see https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Baby-ABC1000-1-13-1-1-72-37927fa-f8c3b16-6...
It is very likely that's what caused the issue, a bug in the newest version of the  firmware

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the updates, I have notified the dev team already and I have them looking in to it. I will update you as soon as I hear more. 

Thanks

a_barry
Tutor
Tutor

Version 3.7.1 (3440) from 10-4-22

rcongiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you ShayneS. Let me know if you need more info from me, happy to help troubleshooting the issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks @a_barry

I'm looking in to it : )

VDief
Initiate
Initiate

I recently updated the firmware for our Arlo Baby and have found the app does not save changes to notifications.  It shows no notifications enabled yet sends push notifications for any motion or sound.  I have tried restarting, resetting, disconnecting/reconnecting to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as our child moves 100+ times a night 🙂  

Ideally we would just have audio notifications enabled so disabling all together is not an option.  

IanSherren
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are also having many issues with this, again, it seems to happen after every update. 

We recently were considering upgrading our entire home security system to Arlo. 

However, after finding out they have discontinued phone support or any live support unless a subscription member we are having serious reservations on making that investment. 

Arlo used to be a great company to work with and we've been happy with our Arlo baby and the service the provided in the past but I'm concerned that they no longer stand behind their product and leave their customers out in the cold. 

This issue has been happening for more than a week, I've only had a chance to look into it now. 

IanSherren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying this fix. 

I also see two large buttons at the top "Arm All Devices" and "Disarm all devices".  When I selected disarm all devices it turned monitoring off on both. 

I'll try it for a day and let you know if it worked for us. 

It's really disappointing that Arlo support was aware of this issue on 10/6 and hasn't responded with a fix in nearly 4 days. My Wife wanted to upgrade the house to Arlo security camera's but now I'm having reservations on the level of support we'd receive. 

IanSherren
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can confirm that going into the app and clicking "Modes" on the bottom. 

Then click "Disarm All Devices" does seem to solve the problem. 

@Arlo Support thanks for not helping to solve our issue. 

My Wife and I will invest the upgrade to our security system elsewhere if this is the type of support provided for your product. 

IanSherren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found a solution in the other thread. 

In the app, click on "Mode" on the bottom. 

Then click "Disarm all Devices", this seems to fix the issue. 

Disappointing that Arlo support doesn't seem to care to help us out. 

VDief
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you!  I did that but then set up a new mode customizing the audio and motion triggers and assigned to the device.  This corrected the issue. 

rcongiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you @IanSherren , will try that, for now I just switched the Arlo off. It seems that if I try to switch the sound alarm off from the phone, it re-sets automatically but if I try to turn it off from the web, the motion alert re-sets itself on.
Given that the issue happens on both phone and web, so multiple platforms, and since it started after a firmware upgrade, it's definitely a firmware issue.
If this is happening to a lot of people, they should have an interest in fixing it quickly, since all the extra alerts are saving videos filling their cloud storage.
More than the slowness in responding, I am appalled how a ginormous  bug like this went out without being detected.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try navigating to Mode > Select the camera > Armed > Rules and uncheck Detects Audio if it's checked and test again?

a_barry
Tutor
Tutor

Going that route seems to have worked.  Seems like it’s more of a pain to do it that way. The previous app versions you could go straight to the ‘motion & audio’ settings from the devices and edit it that way.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation