Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 52 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
vlatanasov
Initiate
Initiate
Since today the app on both the tablet and mobile phone, both running android couldn't keep the screen on during live stream. It is the first time that the screen of both devices times out and locks while the live stream with sound is running. Even after the screen locks itself, the sound still can be heard but the screen is off. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.
52 REPLIES 52
happenin
Tutor
Tutor
Ok that would be very good, I look forward to a fix, thank you.
SethE
Tutor
Tutor
ShayneS, do you have any updates on this? All of our Android devices are doing this same thing, timing out when in full screen mode and started after the last update on 4.26.22
happenin
Tutor
Tutor
Are we..... fixed! Seems to be working on the tablet, I'm not having to poke the screen with my foot every 5 minutes so looking good. Lets hope the phone is the same and that's the end of the bother <FINGERS crossed=""></FINGERS>
Nope. Spoke too soon
JB09
Tutor
Tutor
Still not fixed! Any updates?
SethE
Tutor
Tutor
Still having this issue with all of my Android devices with newest update 3.6.4
memckeever
Tutor
Tutor
Screen still timing out on my Amazon fire tablet. Thought it might be fixed a couple days ago but it's timing out again.
Blunak
Initiate
Initiate
Mine also still timing out. Updates would be appreciated
memckeever
Tutor
Tutor

Is there any update on this? It's been 9 days. This is still happening on my amazon tablet. Very frustrating. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should be resolved with the next app release. I will provide another update as soon as I hear more. 

JB09
Tutor
Tutor
3.6.5 …new app name, screen timeout not fixed!
SethE
Tutor
Tutor
Just updated to 3.6.5 and also confirmed the screen still times out in full screen mode.
memckeever
Tutor
Tutor

On my amazon tablet, the time out behavior did not change with the update as observed using it last night.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update!

I will look in to this ASAP and provide an update.

Jessticat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've been having kind of the same issue on my Pixel 6 Pro. I'm using Arlo app version 3.6.4_28451, which is the latest available to me. Most of the time, the screen times out, but if I keep switching it on and off, it'll stay up eventually. It doesn't make any sense why it would only work sometimes, but there you have it.
Jessticat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just updated to version 3.6.6_28456 and now the display keeps timing out no matter what I do.
memckeever
Tutor
Tutor

The update seem to fix it for a couple of days but is timing out again on my Amazon Fire Tablet.

J4BJ4B
Tutor
Tutor
Issue still remains, in full Screen it dims after 10s, shuts off after 20s.

My baby monitor remains useless
atesy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue still persists.  It would be great to get it solved...

ArloBaby cam, with SW: 3.6.6_28456

Samsung Galaxy S7 Tab S7+ 5G:
Android 12, OneUi 4.1, 4.19.113-24281538 Kernel, Build SP1A.210812.016.T976BXXU2CVE5, 

Samsung Galaxy S21 phone:
Android 12, OneUI 4.1, Kernel 5.4.147-24106168-abG991BXXU5CVDD, Build: SP1A.210812.016.G99BXXU5CVDD

memckeever
Tutor
Tutor
This is STILL an issue on my Amazon tablet. Extremely frustrated by this. Your product is basically worthless. Please fix.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, the dev team is investigating the cause. I will provide an update as I hear more. 

memckeever
Tutor
Tutor
After your latest message that the dev team was working on the problem the app stayed on all night. But as soon as I closed and quit the app the problem resumed the next time I opened it. Using on Amazon fire tablet OS 7.3.2.2
J4BJ4B
Tutor
Tutor
Come on team, it's been 6 weeks since it was raised, roll back the latest update, just fix it, we are talking about baby monitors and security cameras here, critical stuff we need day to day
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should be resolved with the latest Android update v 3.6.8

This update is in a phased release, so please keep an eye out for the update to be available in the play store. 

memckeever
Tutor
Tutor

The most up to date version on my Amazon fire tablet is 3.6.5_28455

Will there be an update for the Amazon App Store?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @memckeever

Yes 3.6.8 will be coming to the Amazon App Store soon as well.This should be available after Android is at a 100% release for 3.6.8

Hope that helps.