Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sanaM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

Our Arlo baby started making a weird sound and we tried our best but it never stopped till the battery died. We tried doing the hard-rest but everything was in vain. Netgear isn't replying via twitter, so I'm posting this query in case someone can help me identify the problem. The worst case scenario can be when Arlo-baby is installed on the crib and there is no way the sound can be stopped using Mobile APP and hard-rest.

8 REPLIES 8
sanaM
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Anytime something weird happens, after unplugging you can turn the battery off...( under feet base there is a switch )

Leave it off for a while and then attempt a RESET ( on side small hole , holding in with paperclip for 10 secs )

As a PS support contact is here; https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
sanaM
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, this is a known problem?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

your the first one I know of to report this....

just advising you the battery must be turn off if you want it to stop ( or run till the battery wears out )

Morse is faster than texting!
sanaM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, TomMac.

I have posted a video also in the first reply to support my point. But thanks for the pointers.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sanaM,

Thank you for the video description of the issue. Are you still experiencing this issue after powering the camera down and plugging in back in? Please let us know.

JamesC

sanaM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, James.

I think the unit is defective and we have already passed 15 days return policy from Best Buy :(. 

We bought ORBI and it is exceptional and that's why we left all other products and went for Arlo Baby and now this is acting up.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sanaM,

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue. We have not had any other reports of this issue but would like to investigate this further. I have opened and escalated a support case for this issue. An agent will reach out to you via email shortly to help resolve the issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation