Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mtorres333
Follower
Follower

Hi i just bought a baby Arlo but i am having trouble getting to to conect to my wifi. Any suggetions on what i can do ?

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Which part are you getting stuck at? The Arlo Baby gets the wifi credentials via a QR code generated by the app. Does it see the QR code and make the bling sound?

Jan2912
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. I have this camera for a couple of days but because the wifi connection was unstable I tried a factory reset. But after this reset I wasn't able to connect the Arlo Baby to my wifi network anymore. The QR code isn't recognized anymore (I do not hear any sound) and the camera isn't shown in the router.I have tested this within 3 meters from my wireless router but unfortunately without success. How can I solve this issue? 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

It won't matter how close you bring it to the router if it doesn't recognise the QR code to get the wifi credentials. Do a factory reset of the Arlo Baby and start again

Jan2912
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spend several hours in finding a solution for this issue. Unfortunately without success.

It looks like the WIFI connectivity is completely lost. I have tested this very close to my wireless router (+/- 2 meters)

I tried several resets or factory resets (press the reset button for more than 10 seconds) with different results. 

Sometimes I was able to scan the QR code after the reset action but more often the camera didn't work at all.

What options do I have, can I connect the camera to a computer (USB connection) to see if something failed? 

is there a error log, debug console or something else available? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nothing user-accessible. Is your WiFi using the same SSID for both 2.4 and 5GHz bands? There seems to be some issue when that's in use to get the cameras to connect to your WiFi. Separating them using unique SSIDs may help.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation