Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jeromeche
Tutor
Tutor

For the last 48hrs the Arlo app on android devices is not connecting to arlo baby on WiFi network but is connecting on 4G data network.
The arlo app on iOS devices is connecting to arlo baby on both WiFi network and on 4G.

We’ve tried on 2 different android smartphones, an iPhone and an iPad. Both the apple products work fine but the android device keeps trying to connect when on WiFi only.

We’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app on the android devices but it didn’t work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeromeche
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

i restarted the arlo baby and now everything is back to normal 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jeromeche

What version of the Arlo App were you using on the android phones? What Phone/OS are they running?

Caturday
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo app version 2.7 11_25690 / Google Pixel

I am having the same issue for about a week now. I am ready to buy a new monitor. This is ridiculous.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Caturday

I am not able to replicate the issue on my Android device. Do you get any error messages that you can screenshot? 

Jeromeche
Tutor
Tutor
There is no error message it just says connecting but it never connects. This issue started very recently (less than a week ago).

I’m using arlo app version 2.7.11_25630
I’m using android version 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot your router by chance?

nutti
Guide
Guide
I have exactly the same issue and have had it for weeks. Works fine on iOS but any Android device is unable to connect. Had the same issue about a year ago where nothing worked. After an app update Arlo seemed to fix the issue and it has worked OK ever since. Now it's back to the same horrible service again. My experience with this thing made me opt out from choosing Arlo when I bought a set of security cameras.
Jeromeche
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

i restarted the arlo baby and now everything is back to normal 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation