Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Apprentice

Arlo Baby white noise loop not continuous

I’ve recently noticed that my white noise now has a slight pause after the 15 second click restarts... it used to overlap and you didn’t notice the recycle of the 15 second clip.

ive tried a hard reset and re added it to my account... but still doing it... please help.

Message 1 of 22
Community Manager

Re: Arlo Baby white noise loop not continuous

DoinitSideways,

I was able to replicate this behavior, I will escalate this and find out and provide an update on whether or not this is expected.

JamesC

Message 2 of 22
Apprentice

James,

Thanks. I would hope it’s not to be expected... it has rendered the white noise function useless as the stop start of the loop startles my little one now...
Message 3 of 22

Arlo Baby Music Keeps Skipping

Recently our white noise has begun skipping when streaming. This disrupts our baby and wakes him up.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 4 of 22
Arlo Moderator

Arlo Baby Music Keeps Skipping

Hi Marcus_Saunders,

Does this skipping happen to occur right around 15 seconds? Can you can test this if possible.

Message 5 of 22

Re: Arlo Baby Music Keeps Skipping

Yes that’s correct. Thank you for the response.
Message 6 of 22
Community Manager

Re: Arlo Baby White Noise Is Skipping

I've been able to replicate this as described. I'm currently working working the the development team to determine if this is expected behavior or not. As soon as I have more information, I will provide an update.

JamesC

Message 7 of 22
Tutor

This happened after the amazing update NetGear had done with the app. It deleted all Lulabies and now the whitenoise is having this behaviour.... onemonth and no answer from Netgear

Message 8 of 22
Apprentice

@JamesC

What is happening with this mate? It’s really irritating that it has even happened in the first place, let alone the fact that we cannot get any answers...
Message 9 of 22
Community Manager

DoinitSideways,

I don't have any new information at this time. I understand the frustration and hope to be able to provide an update soon. I will post again when I know more.

JamesC

Message 10 of 22
Aspirant

Same thing happening here, using the white noise is pointless now and I now need 2 devices - one for camera/audio and one for white noise. About to chuck it in the bin and buy something else..
Message 11 of 22
Apprentice

@JamesC

How are we going with fixing this.???
Message 12 of 22
Tutor

This has happened to me for the duration of my use of the audio feature. It stops at the end of the audio track and starts again. I'm hoping that this will be resolved soon as it makes the white noise a little useless!
Message 13 of 22
Tutor

Any update on this issue @JamesC?
Message 14 of 22
Arlo Moderator

Our development team is still investigating the problem. We appreciate the patience and understanding and will make sure that we will update everyone once we hear more back.

Message 15 of 22
Initiate

Have there been any updates to this? The pauses are egregious (especially since some of the loops are so short). Perhaps they tried to fix this and that is why the playlist function has not been working for months?
Message 16 of 22
Tutor

Can we have an ETA on when this feature will be functional again?
this has dragged on for a long time now.

Message 17 of 22
Highlighted
Aspirant

This is happening on my device as well! I have had to purchase a seperate white noise machine that plays continuously, it would be great if this woked on the Arlo baby. Please fix this soon!

Message 18 of 22
Apprentice

Any update on this issue @JessicaP or @ShayneS or @JamesC ???

Or just the same we will talk to the development team dribble???

This is a feature that is listed on the box and has been broken for a few months now.
Message 19 of 22
Aspirant

Any solutions for the white noise skipping on the Arlo baby monitor. It happens every 15sec and it loops at a higher volume that not only wakes up our baby but when it skips it starts again at a much higher pitch.... is this safe for babies?
Message 20 of 22
Apprentice

Get a refund and buy another camera...
Message 21 of 22
Tutor

@JamesC
Any updates?
Message 22 of 22