Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
adambean
Luminary
Luminary
Hey all,

Camera has worked perfectly for a year. Did nothing to it and all of the sudden it's no longer accessible through the app, and the light is solid amber.

Removed from my devices and did a factory reset (held in paperclip for 10 seconds), and nothing changes. Solid amber, can't get it to turn blue when syncing nor will it read QR.

Have tried draining the battery, turning on and off the bottom switch, while charging and not. Can not get anywhere!

Help

Thanks
93 REPLIES 93
normen
Star
Star

So quite a while after my contact with the Arlo support via Zoom and WhatsApp (see above) there suddenly was a lot of movement in the issue tracker that my case was in and I was asked about my home address so I could get a replacement camera and send the one with the orange light (that still boots after a long time, see above) to them so they could look into it.

After sending my address and phone number they said they don't have any baby camera in the warehouse so they can't send me one. Somehow this feels like they just make you jump through hoops until you say "Okay forget it, I get another camera".

mellyi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also returned the camera to the store where I bought it. They said they’ll send it to maintanance to manufacturer.. So will see if the store has some impact to Netgear or is it just a scam company as I start to feel.
shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
Oh amazing keep us posted!
shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
Stay strong! I wonder what they equivalent is now in the product line? Maybe they can replace it with that?
Htrammell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo baby is stuck on amber light and will not enter pairing mode. Tried to factory reset using the manual button but it is still stuck. I've seen this issue on other threads and there does not seem to be a fix but i’d love a replacement
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have seen this issue before too... unfortunately in most cases the Baby is doa.

Check the power supply, cable and try the full reset a few more times just in case.

As to replacement, warranty on those was 1 yr if I remember correctly. 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
vatic
Initiate
Initiate

I am also having this issue. No way to reset - the light just stays amber no matter how long you hold the reset button.

seems this is not an uncommon issue  at all given the number of posts.

vatic
Initiate
Initiate

i have also started getting this issue. Reset button does not work. Powering off and on does nothing (amber light returns).

shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
After months and months I threw my camera away, luckily the other 2 still work but I will never purchase another Arlo product again after this experience. Clearly as evidenced in this thread, there is an ongoing issue with the Arlo baby cam and Arlo refuses to acknowledge or address it.
normen
Star
Star

Yeah, I didn't get any message (or the promised camera) yet either. I guess this whole website is run by some call center to divert attention from the fact that Arlo is basically a dead company with a bunch of discontinued products since they got split away from NetGear.

shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
Sad! Well they won’t get my money again.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi everyone & @normen

I have a few additional questions for you. 

Is the baby camera refurbished? Do you know when the issue first started? Is this solid LED Amber (orange) or purple? Here are steps for troubleshooting solid amber led issue.

1. Turn OFF the battery enable switch at the bottom of the camera
  2. Power on via usb cable and wait for about 1 minute. Observe if there's ticking or creaking sound.
  3. Led pattern should be slow blinking amber if the camera boot up properly and it's not claimed yet.
  4. Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. When the factory reset starts, the led should blink fast 10 times. Make sure that the reset button is properly pressed.
  5. Wait for the camera to reboot and led shows slow blinking amber.
  6. If the camera is stuck in solid amber, it's most likely the camera failed to boot up, especially if camera doesn't make any ticking or creaking sound within 1 minute.
  7. retry step #2 to #6.
shawnao
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried all of these steps before I threw it in the trash. The camera was completely unresponsive, it was either on with an amber light or off when unplugged. No amount of fiddling with it summoned any other response. I own 3 of these cameras, none are refurbished, the other 2 operate normally. 

normen
Star
Star

Brand new 250€ (!) camera. No creaking, no blinking - maybe after a few hours, can't be arsed to stand next to it for hours. 

Its kinda funny how theres movement here as soon as I mention the split from NetGear. Either some "super user" jumps out of the woodworks or some attempts at "support" are made. I guess it would be a real problem in court if they found that the "split" left one company in a better situation and the other as a front, eh?

Wildcraw
Aspirant
Aspirant

any other recommendation if steps 2 through 6  don't work.  It was working firn and then at 4AM the other day it stopped making noise and the amber light came on. Since then not able to connect, reset, or use the camera. 

b2kx
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue as others. Solid amber light, randomly started recently, followed all the troubleshooting steps suggested and can’t get it to do anything, please help with alternative options.
normen
Star
Star

I still didn't hear anything new from support. They promised me to send me a camera as soon as they have one available so I can send mine to them. Still nothing as of now. So I guess you're on your own.

normen
Star
Star

Theres news - they simply closed my ticket and told me to try again with the german support team 😂

Stapo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @ShayneS
If we have all tried the steps you have said numerous times and nothing happens, then what is the resolution for us?
It’s failing to boot up, then what?
Gman3788
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. Own two of these cameras and steps to reboot do not work. Amber light remains on and constant for hours. Has not resolved itself.
skubik1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried all of these steps and the solid amber light is still there, no noise upon restarting. Our Arlo baby is 13 months old just like our daughter. Really needing a solution now for her safety.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@skubik1000

How many cameras are experiencing this issue? Can you PM me with the serial number?

Thanks 

Wildcraw
Aspirant
Aspirant

ours is 49BF .  Unit seems to be bricked. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Wildcraw

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Gman3788

Are you still experiencing this issue with your baby camera?